The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blair and Barnett would make me feel a lot better today

Wu, how would a finish like:
Blair
Barnett
Malone
Berry x2
Moseley
Garrett
Hendrix

make you feel?

I'm not really huge on Moseley if we land Blair, I might even trade that spot for a Berrios or Adoree Jackson

damn.

(Rips clothing, rubs dirt and ashes all over myself, weeps uncontrollably)

I swear to all holy things this thread is the best sports related thing in my life right now.

I might not feel much different if the Pacers season didn't start here in the next few weeks. They managed to resign David West, signed Paul George to a contract extension, upgraded at point guard by adding CJ Watson and should get Danny Granger back. All this to a team that was one win away from the Finals last season. I know Rose is back in Chicago, but we have a team that should be one of the three best teams in the East, and that's something to look forward to.

Early 80's was good. Made the postseason in 82. Finished 2nd in 83 and 84. And then Ted fired Joe Torre.

damn, I'm old

Yeah, I came along right after that. My very first Braves memories are from around 85 or 86.

Younger guys can get a feel for what the 80s were like as a Braves fan by imagining the last five years of Vol football, only if each season were 40 games long.

Exactly, it was definitely on the same level of ineptitude but with the added torture of tuning into to experience it 5 or 6 days out of every week for 6 months straight.

No, they are not. Even if we were to play Mosley on the OL he would be a guard not a tackle like Blair

But what's crazy is, we still have a numbers crunch in some ways.. Do you think this staff is going to take Garrett or Moseley? Berrios or Moseley? Adoree Jackson or Moseley?

I know this stuff will work itself out (see Lauderdale, Eric) but it's just fun to discuss

But what's crazy is, we still have a numbers crunch in some ways.. Do you think this staff is going to take Garrett or Moseley? Berrios or Moseley? Adoree Jackson or Moseley?

I know this stuff will work itself out (see Lauderdale, Eric) but it's just fun to discuss

Don't think we have much of a shot at either Garrett or Jackson and not sure how much we're really pushing for Berrios.

Edit: looks like I may have been a little off with my Berrios comment but still think he ends up at UM regardless

Last edited:

I guess to each there own, every year I watch dumbasses like Ron Swanson and his legion of retards spend hours every day debating a numbers crunch that never ends up happening. I mean even in your post you are comparing 3 long shots to a guy that we have a legitimate chance at. You take any elite player you can now and wait until the numbers figure themselves out (I will add Garrett isn't as much of a longshot anymore but with LSU having last visit it is going to be very very difficult).

I guess to each there own, every year I watch dumbasses like Ron Swanson and his legion of retards spend hours every day debating a numbers crunch that never ends up happening. I mean even in your post you are comparing 3 long shots to a guy that we have a legitimate chance at. You take any elite player you can now and wait until the numbers figure themselves out (I will add Garrett isn't as much of a longshot anymore but with LSU having last visit it is going to be very very difficult).

Oh I understand what you are saying.. I just think it got interesting with the swirling rumors today because I didn't see us getting either of two (Barnett, Blair).. But I think everyone agrees this stuff just works itself out.. I'm not here to debate this all day, I'm just trying to find refuge on something after the last 72 hours of sports for me...

Oh I understand what you are saying.. I just think it got interesting with the swirling rumors today because I didn't see us getting either of two (Barnett, Blair).. But I think everyone agrees this stuff just works itself out.. I'm not here to debate this all day, I'm just trying to find refuge on something after the last 72 hours of sports for me...

True, certainly can't blame you for that at all

Verc taking on dodgers fans all by himself

There's just something about getting smack talked by a guy that mysteriously lists the Dodgers and Duke as favorite teams. I guess the Heat, Kentucky and Yankee bandwagons were full.

There's just something about getting smack talked by a guy that mysteriously lists the Dodgers and Duke as favorite teams. I guess the Heat, Kentucky and Yankee bandwagons were full.

And of course he is a bandwagon fan that is nonexistent until the postseason

Wu, how would a finish like:
Blair
Barnett
Malone
Berry x2
Moseley
Garrett
Hendrix

make you feel?

I'm not really huge on Moseley if we land Blair, I might even trade that spot for a Berrios or Adoree Jackson

I would say HYFR! Garrett is visiting LSU twice thoigh. Gonna be a battle for him. Everyone else seems like we have a great shot for. Adoree and Berrios ain't happening imo. I wouldn't be surprised with someone like Parson, the JUCO WR. It would be a great pull if we finish that way though

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back