The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because in baseball the majority of people don't watch a lot of the regular season and then follow the postseason not knowing all that much about the team. So all they really see is that this team won the division with him as manager

Yeah, people just don't put the time in. You don't know what Fredi Gonzalez is all about unless you see him using three players to make a double-switch, and you don't see that unless you're sitting there watching regular season games in May and June.

Agree with the Fredi bashing but this article has some good points as well

Don’t blame Fredi Gonzalez for last night’s loss. Blame the Braves culture. | HardballTalk

No, this article is dead on. Fredi's the perfect manager for the Braves in a lot of ways. They're going to be (if they aren't already) the last organization to pay attention to advanced metrics, so they employ a manager who doesn't know what an OBP is. This is a stodgy old-school team, and it won't be anything else until the team gets sold and somebody other than John Schuerholz is setting the tone at the top.

I mean, I was and still am livid about the way Fredi didn't get Kimbrel into the game, but I never actually expected him to play it any differently than he did.

Don't really know who's out there that's a viable option at this juncture, but at this moment I don't even care. Boot him.

Eddie Perez can't be any worse of an in game tactician and can at least defend his players.

So, yes, it sucked, but any Braves fan claiming their heart was unexpectedly ripped out last night is either very young or hasn’t been paying a lot of attention. You steel yourself for that at this point.

Pretty much sums up exactly how I took both the Braves playoff exit and the UT loss this past weekend. Both sucked, but given what I've seen in recent years, I now almost lack the capacity to see either situation playing out any other way. The Braves were always going to be undone by absurd managerial decision making and UT has just become that team that always snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.

I ALMOST posted during the game last night in the 7th or 8th inning how much the game felt like the Georgia game. Scratch and claw your way back to a lead, only to have it ripped from you in the final seconds.

damn it. I should just log off and come back in a week or so.

Straight Fredi Gonzalez quote: "We had it set up to bring him in on four outs. I think six outs was something we weren't even talking about in the dugout."

We had the perfect scenario, I mean Garcia didn't suck, dodgers defense did, Constanza/ Elliot, but Craig is still warming up as we speak.... Done with Fred Gonzalez

So Puig, and Uribe,were less important than Skip and AJ Ellis? Ok man. Lol didn't even discuss six outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back