The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pena can be back healthy, id be fine with him starting at 2nd

Pena's no better than Elliot Johnson. What he did the first six weeks of the season was a fluke.

Second base has to be patched. BJ has to improve back up to merely the point where he's not apocalyptically bad. Two more starters have to be identified and/or acquired. Venters and/or O'Flaherty need to come back. Everything should be doable.

He isn't good, but better than Elliot Johnson/the shell of dan uggla that took up the space at 2nd

His career OBP before his fluky start here was .266. Eliot Johnson's career OBP is .273. They're both horrible at hitting.

By comparison, as terrible as Dan Uggla was this year, his OBP in August and September was still higher than either one of their career OBPs.

Pena's no better than Elliot Johnson. What he did the first six weeks of the season was a fluke.

Second base has to be patched. BJ has to improve back up to merely the point where he's not apocalyptically bad. Two more starters have to be identified and/or acquired. Venters and/or O'Flaherty need to come back. Everything should be doable.

Medlen
Minor
Teheran
Beachy
Wood

With Hale/Graham/Northcraft in Triple A

Talking yourself into Ramiro Pena as a potential starter because of what he did in 100 plate appearances is something Fredi Gonzalez would do, you guys.

Reactions: 1 person
Announcer letting us know that if he hadn't hit it at somebody there would have been a better chance of an RBI.

@justinhunter_11: So true

@FauxJustinHuntr: @justinhunter_11 Is this supposed to mean something?

Twitter is a weird, weird place.

Medlen
Minor
Teheran
Beachy
Wood

With Hale/Graham/Northcraft in Triple A

At this point I think the Braves have to operate under the assumption that Beachy is iffy as hell. They cannot assume he's going to come back and give them anything next year.

You guys are thinking we come back with basically the same rotation and don't make a play for a "true ace"? I would think if EOF and Venters can come back healthy that we'd have some decent trade pieces to put together, considering the strong pen we already have and some young talent like Terd, etc...

I still really like the team, minus 2B. I'd like to see a new 2B, and possibly a top of the rotation starter if feasible. And pray hard that Bossman Jr comes around.

You guys are thinking we come back with basically the same rotation and don't make a play for a "true ace"? I would think if EOF and Venters can come back healthy that we'd have some decent trade pieces to put together, considering the strong pen we already have and some young talent like Terd, etc...

I still really like the team, minus 2B. I'd like to see a new 2B, and possibly a top of the rotation starter if feasible. And pray hard that Bossman Jr comes around.

I would go hard as hell after a top starter. But I don't think the Braves will.

Agree with verc on Pena..and will even take it as far as Janish is better defensively.

We've needed an ace for years. Ain't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back