The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are thinking we come back with basically the same rotation and don't make a play for a "true ace"? I would think if EOF and Venters can come back healthy that we'd have some decent trade pieces to put together, considering the strong pen we already have and some young talent like Terd, etc...

I still really like the team, minus 2B. I'd like to see a new 2B, and possibly a top of the rotation starter if feasible. And pray hard that Bossman Jr comes around.

Minor and Teheran both made huge strides. Teheran will be the ace IMO

Who is feasibly out there that we can get doran ace?

Remember we are low on top prospects.

Wren will sign a "Veteran" starter no doubt. Beachy is a question mark. Wood and Hale may turn out to be relievers.

He has a team option.

Ubaldo can void the team option

"The Indians hold an $8MM option on Jimenez, but the 2011 trade triggered a clause that will allow him to void the option if he wishes. He's a virtual lock to do that, which will force the Indians to decide whether or not to extend Jimenez a qualifying offer. Cleveland, who typically operates on a tight budget, already has more than $48MM in 2014 salary commitments before arbitration raises to Justin Masterson, Chris Perez, Michael Brantley, Drew Stubbs and Vinnie Pestano. A qualifying offer of nearly $14MM would seem to be too great a risk, especially given potential in-house replacements like Danny Salazar and Trevor Bauer."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back