The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
a.aaa-Im-not-afraid-of-high.jpg

Like this guy, I ain't got no worries.

Explain to me why it's not stupid to think that playing 8 games (possibly 9 by then) against the best conference, and due to a yearly game with Bama almost always the toughest schedule within that conference, isn't enough and we should add an additional degree of difficulty or two that the other teams in the SEC don't. I just don't see how that benefits us.

Because, worst case scenario is we lose the game and make $20ish million dollars for playing a football game in front of 160,000 people. Pretty self explanatory. And like Verc said, if we're not competitive by then something is wrong. Tennessee shouldn't be scared or back down from anyone, we're Tennessee, thats the kind of crap Auburn does. I love it and i cant wait to see it.

This. And, not that I'm saying we'll be competing for a NC by then, but with the playoff system coming teams that play schedules like ours that year will benefit in theory.

If Jones doesn't have us ready to compete for an SEC and therefore national championship by his 4th season, then he probably never will.

Only four teams in the playoff means that every year, there are probably going to be 6-8 teams vying for slots 3 and 4. I will be really surprised if good OOC wins don't become a big factor.

Go ahead and plan for college gameday at bristol motor speedway in 2016.

And with the ncaa now allowing schools to host recruits at neutral site games it could be a big weekend. Plus we can sell to everybody in the 14, 15, and 16 class that they will get to play in the most highly attended game in the history of football

And with the ncaa now allowing schools to host recruits at neutral site games it could be a big weekend. Plus we can sell to everybody in the 14, 15, and 16 class that they will get to play in the most highly attended game in the history of football

Or we can just puss out and play the Citadel in front of 80-90 thousand fans.

Unfortunately I would wager heavily that we'll puss out of the Nebraska series if and when the SEC goes to a 9-game schedule. Bleed will be thrilled.

Well, obviously the Vols would stand to benefit a lot more from the VPI game than they would an ordinary home and home with Nebraska, both in money and exposure. I hope they keep it though. I'm hoping to go to Nebraska.

Obviously I'd like to keep both too, if possible. Nebraska would be a cool trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back