The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree that the band has gotten stale and could be scaled back. Way too much "Living on a Prayer" and "Iron Man" and "All I Do Is Win." But in every college vs pro football discussion I've ever been part of, when people talk about the better atmosphere of college games, they always mention the bands. You lose something if the band gets too minimized.

Besides, there's almost no way that main reason for this isn't to eventually do more advertising. And that sucks.

I completely agree that the band has gotten stale and could be scaled back. Way too much "Living on a Prayer" and "Iron Man" and "All I Do Is Win." But in every college vs pro football discussion I've ever been part of, when people talk about the better atmosphere of college games, they always mention the bands. You lose something if the band gets too minimized.

Besides, there's almost no way that main reason for this isn't to eventually do more advertising. And that sucks.

I agree with the college vs pro crowd part.

The Baltimore Ravens are universally regarded as having one of the best gameday atmospheres in the NFL. Part of it is that they have a band. It's sort of dumb, but it matters.

This one isn't sexually explicit

BWBVPRjIAAADQ3X.jpg

I agree. If the gameday atmosphere at Neyland becomes just a bunch a new age trash piped in over the speakers like an NFL game, it's going to be a sad day. You're right though that the band could benefit from some variety in its songs. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, just about every change that has occurred in college football in recent years has been done with literally nothing but money in mind, and continues to drive the sport farther and farther away from the game I grew up loving.

I'm gone for thirty minutes and you
noob tubers burn the place to hell breaking all the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back