The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL at how in the video of potential uses for the new Atlanta stadium the second one they show is the World Cup. Is the potential of hosting 3-4 games in a soccer tournament that MIGHT be staged in the US 15-20 years from now at the EARLIEST really a selling point for why they want to build this thing?

LOL at how in the video of potential uses for the new Atlanta stadium the second one they show is the World Cup. Is the potential of hosting 3-4 games in a soccer tournament that MIGHT be staged in the US 15-20 years from now at the EARLIEST really a selling point for why they want to build this thing?

They're going to build the thing because Arthur Blank wants to play in an open-air stadium, and he has the money to build one all by himself out in, say, Doraville.

The city and state are kicking in a crapload of money to give it a retractable roof and keep it downtown.

The World Cup is not a factor.

Lol, rob Lewis reporting we have a lot of momentum with Emanuel Lewis. Would love to see James Franklin's reaction to us flipping one of their top commits

They're going to build the thing because Arthur Blank wants to play in an open-air stadium, and he has the money to build one all by himself out in, say, Doraville.

The city and state are kicking in a crapload of money to give it a retractable roof and keep it downtown.

The World Cup is not a factor.

Gotcha. Having it out in Doraville would suck. Might be a little more convenient for me as someone who comes down from Knoxville, but I think it's more fun having it downtown and being around all the other goings on in town. Makes sense why the city would kick in money to help out all the businesses that benefit from all those people because odds are all the other events (Final Four, SECCG and hoops tourney, Super Bowl, concerts, etc.) aren't going to want any part of the GA Dome once that thing is built.

Due to the Braves, I love Atlanta but New Orleans is amazing...once you get the hell away from Bourbon St. and the French Quarter.

This is going to sound bad, but from a tourists perspective Katrina was kind of a good thing gave the city the flushing that it needed. Obviously there were huge negatives to the residents though

Hotel taxes, you don't give a **** until you're in some other city. God's gift to billionaire franchise owners. That being said, Atlanta got off relatively easy.

Blank is putting into it about what it would have cost him to put an open-air stadium at the site of the old GM plant in Doraville. The city/state are paying for the rest, which is the part that they wanted anyway. I'm a Georgia taxpayer and I'm all right with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back