The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your standards for one hell of catch are a tad low. He did not dive, he jumped, ball hit both his hands. Good catch? Yes. Hell of a catch? That's a bit of stretch.

It wasn't a good throw, but I am the only one crazy enough to think that a professional football player (paid in millions) should catch a ball that hits his hands (plural)?

Am I crazy to think that a professional, putatively Super Clutch NFL quarterback should be able to throw a pass with the game on the line to a wide open receiver that he doesn't have to jump and stretch to try to catch?

Reactions: 1 person
Do you have similar excuses ready to go for his other 14 interceptions?

All 14? No. But I could make a case for at least 5-8 of those being on his teammates being in wrong places, running word routes, (like one of the picks in the first quarter) tips, deflections et al. He has had zero help man. Has he been bad? Hell yeah. Has he been as bad as you are making him sound? Hell no.

@DonteStallworth: LOL y'all don't have to listen to me... any NFL TE/WR can tell you how meticulous coaches are in meetings about getting to that EXACT spot.

@DonteStallworth: @nfldraftscout @Steve_Smith24 he didn't run the wrong route, he was 2 yards off his spot, seemingly an overthrow to the untrained eye. :)

I'm sure Donte Stallworth is just making excuses for him too.

Am I crazy to think that a professional, putatively Super Clutch NFL quarterback should be able to throw a pass with the game on the line to a wide open receiver that he doesn't have to jump and stretch to try to catch?

You do realize that QBs throw to spots right? Otherwise, there wouldn't even be such a thing as a "route".

This USC offense has taken a pretty big step forward without Lane at the helm. For the first time this year you actually can't sit there and predict every play they are going to run

Hey I love you guys, but if Donte Stallworth says it is on the tight end/receiver, then I tend to think that he may be qualified enough for me to believe him over y'all.

All 14? No. But I could make a case for at least 5-8 of those being on his teammates being in wrong places, running word routes, (like one of the picks in the first quarter) tips, deflections et al.He has had zero help man. Has he been bad? Hell yeah. Has he been as bad as you are making him sound? Hell no.

@DonteStallworth: LOL y'all don't have to listen to me... any NFL TE/WR can tell you how meticulous coaches are in meetings about getting to that EXACT spot.

@DonteStallworth: @nfldraftscout @Steve_Smith24 he didn't run the wrong route, he was 2 yards off his spot, seemingly an overthrow to the untrained eye. :)

I'm sure Donte Stallworth is just making excuses for him too.

Did you see my post up above about how I don't really blame him much for it?

I don't care about Eli one way or the other. It's just that his season is a nice data point in support of the idea that the Myth of the Clutch Quarterback is mostly horsecrap. Amazing how his clutchness seems to vary wildly depending on how good the pieces around him are, isn't it?

I kinda want USC to succeed with Kiffin fired.

You know I understand him leaving for his dream job, he could've/should've went about it different. But he wanted to change traditions, man. He wanted to make us "The USCw of the East".. I mean the man played highlight reels of USC in our facilities. For that, I will never root for him in any endeavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back