The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arthur Blank originally wanted a straight-up open air stadium. It became a retractable dome as a compromise with the city/state/GWCC people because they were afraid of losing a lot of events without a roof. March Madness, concerts, the Super Bowl, etc -- and including the SEC championship game.

And yes, the Dome is coming down for parking.

Wow, how you gonna tear down a perfectly fine dome?

What? Back it up and watch it again. There was nobody within eight yards of the guy, but Eli threw it so high he had to jump for it and try to catch it with his fingertips. Crappy throw.

Lemme ask you this. Did that ball not hit both his hands? He is a damn professional football player, if it hits both your hands, you catch it. Even the announcer said that. If he hits him stride it is a TD.

Lemme ask you this. Did that ball not hit both his hands? He is a damn professional football player, if it hits both your hands, you catch it. Even the announcer said that. If he hits him stride it is a TD.

It hit both his hands after he jumped in the air and reached all the way over his head with full extension. Terrible throw. He was wide open.

If he catches that, it's one hell of a great catch but that's still a bad throw.

In all seriousness: I don't really blame Eli. His team pretty well sucks, other than him; he's in a position where he has to try to make all the plays, or else his team loses.

In other words, now he's in a similar position to what his brother has had to deal with his whole career.

Sorry Verc but I think I'll trust Donte Stallworth on this one:

@DonteStallworth: That INT wasn't on Eli. The play was "All Go" from a 2x2 formation. Inside WRs supposed to run up seam/numbers, that's where Eli threw it.

@DonteStallworth: I've ran that play at least 1,001 times. Trust me on this one

RT @brian8556utube: @DonteStallworth Eli overthrew him.

@DonteStallworth: @JudyBoggan the ball was thrown to the outside edge of the numbers, it looked overthrown bc he was on the inside edge.

If he catches that, it's one hell of a great catch but that's still a bad throw.

Your standards for one hell of catch are a tad low. He did not dive, he jumped, ball hit both his hands. Good catch? Yes. Hell of a catch? That's a bit of stretch.

It wasn't a good throw, but I am the only one crazy enough to think that a professional football player (paid in millions) should catch a ball that hits his hands (plural)?

Sorry Verc but I think I'll trust Donte Stallworth on this one:

@DonteStallworth: That INT wasn't on Eli. The play was "All Go" from a 2x2 formation. Inside WRs supposed to run up seam/numbers, that's where Eli threw it.

@DonteStallworth: I've ran that play at least 1,001 times. Trust me on this one

RT @brian8556utube: @DonteStallworth Eli overthrew him.

@DonteStallworth: @JudyBoggan the ball was thrown to the outside edge of the numbers, it looked overthrown bc he was on the inside edge.

Do you have similar excuses ready to go for his other 14 interceptions?

Your standards for one hell of catch are a tad low. He did not dive, he jumped, ball hit both his hands. Good catch? Yes. Hell of a catch? That's a bit of stretch.

Yes he jumped instead of dived but he jumped and had to spin back against his momentum and try to catch a ball that hit him at the tips of his fingers (plural) that would have made it a great catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back