The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt. I still don't understand how fooling a goalie with an insane level of skill can be construed as disrespectful.

It was a hot dog play while his team was up by 6 or 7 goals. It's the equivalent of scoring on a double reverse in the 4th quarter while you're up by 40. It's absolutely a rub-your-nose-in-it play.

Which is not to say I had a problem with it -- I didn't. But it's really easy to see how the old school guys -- in any sport -- would think it was disrespectful.

Richt isn't the guy to lead us to a national championship. But he's a 'good', 'classy guy'. Meanwhile we observe Nick Saban the weasel inherit a program in tatters and win 2 national championships. Les Miles inherits an above average program and wins a national championship, and even Gene Chisik who's now unemployed wins a national championship. I guarantee you Spurrier wins one with SC before classy, good guy Richt. I don't know if these 3 coaches winning national championships right under his nose bothers Richt as much as it does me.

Ditch Grantham, like yesterday....I'm not crazy about Richt either. Mack Brown is a dead man walking and he has a national championship, another national championship appearance and similar W-L record as Richt. For all his wins Richt only has 2 SEC crowns in 12 years. Constantly flirting with glory but falls flat when it counts.

Lets look at it another way. With our resources, facilities, recruiting grounds, money...if we had Kelly, strong, Shaw, or another competent elite head coach we could contend year after year. CMR is a good HC, but I could see him belonging to a program like Colorado or something.

I'm gonna be honest, winning the SEC East or even the SECCG to me this year would kind of be like Bobby Cox winning the division title with the Braves. After a while it's kind of like, "That's nice."

Define greedy? Wanting a NC? Like I said, I love the guy but it's hardly greedy in my eyes for a program of Georgia's caliber to want to see a national title. Especially when you've seen Florida win it twice, Bama win it three times, LSU win it twice, and Auburn win it once during Richt's tenure where he has yet to make it to that game.

Mark May breaking down actual football reasons Stanford lost today. Dr. Lou, as someone who has "coached at an academic institution, Notre Dame" simply chalked the loss up to midterm exams. Said after the week they had the players probably felt like zombies, and played like it too.

It was a hot dog play while his team was up by 6 or 7 goals. It's the equivalent of scoring on a double reverse in the 4th quarter while you're up by 40. It's absolutely a rub-your-nose-in-it play.

Which is not to say I had a problem with it -- I didn't. But it's really easy to see how the old school guys -- in any sport -- would think it was disrespectful.

Eh, both guys are professional athletes. Don't get bamboozled by a playground trick next time if he's that embarrassed. That said, I don't know that the goalie ever actually objected to what happened, all the noise has been from people who weren't even on the ice as far as I've heard.

Eh, both guys are professional athletes. Don't get bamboozled by a playground trick next time if he's that embarrassed. That said, I don't know that the goalie ever actually objected to what happened, all the noise has been from people who weren't even on the ice as far as I've heard.

Let's say the Heat are whipping the Pacers by 30 points, and Wade and LeBron do one of these circus plays where one of them passes the ball off the backboard to the other, who finishes with a reverse slam. You're completely fine with that? No problem, since everyone on the court's a professional athlete?

Let's say the Heat are whipping the Pacers by 30 points, and Wade and LeBron do one of these circus plays where one of them passes the ball off the backboard to the other, who finishes with a reverse slam. You're completely fine with that? No problem, since everyone on the court's a professional athlete?

Honestly, yes. If they're still out there, then there's no reason to not still be playing. I understand in amateur athletics not wanting to rub opponents who might not be playing on the same level as you faces in the mud. When you're talking about pros, if you don't like how bad you're getting beat, go out there and stop the other team.

SMH, Bruin went from arguing with Verc last night that Dallas is a selfish quitter, to now complaining about UT letting Gomes come back and work out at Knoxville during the offseason. If anything him still wanting to come back despite that dumbass todd Raleigh running him off shoes how much of a VFL he really is.

I wouldn't have a problem with it either, but you can imagine how a lot of people would. And Hertl's goal was the same kind of play.

I'm with you on this one pretty much all the way, personally don't have a problem with it but, in a sport where guys are fairly old school in general and where guys will hold a grudge about something for years, I think eventually there will be something to come from that goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back