The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad's take: "He wasn't in great shape and he found himself in a position he never was in before. Leonard embarrassed him and made hkm a joke. Duran was tired of his antics and basically said "**** you" and was done. Nothing more nothing less."

My dad's take: "He wasn't in great shape and he found himself in a position he never was in before. Leonard embarrassed him and made hkm a joke. Duran was tired of his antics and basically said "**** you" and was done. Nothing more nothing less."

Probably a pretty accurate assessment, but they needed to either press Duran more or not make the movie. The last 15 minutes were a complete swing and and miss.

They really let Duran off the hook way too easily.

Honestly, I don't think there is that much to tell with Duran. You could tell he found the whole "Get in a ring and stare each other down and confront your past" angle silly.

Probably a pretty accurate assessment, but they needed to either press Duran more or not make the movie. The last 15 minutes were a complete swing and and miss.

This is true. They probably would have got a more honest answer if Leonard wasn't there.

I also appreciate Leonard giving us his sob story about how he can't get over the second fight, then when he feels Duran is lying to him, he backs off and doesn't call him out on it. Bull****.

So other than Sugar Ray is full of BS (which I kind of knew anyways), that Duran called Sugar Ray's wife a whore and flipped her off, and that Christine Brinkley is still attractive at 60, I learned nothing. Kinda upset with this 30 for 30.

This is true. They probably would have got a more honest answer if Leonard wasn't there.

I also appreciate Leonard giving us his sob story about how he can't get over the second fight, then when he feels Duran is lying to him, he backs off and doesn't call him out on it. Bull****.

It's vintage Leonard. I can remember watching that guy when I was a kid and knowing he was completely full of himself. Dude has a serious ego.

It's vintage Leonard. I can remember watching that guy when I was a kid and knowing he was completely full of himself. Dude has a serious ego.

Saw on Twitter someone said it was pathetic how Duran had moved on, then Leonard tried to help him get through his pain.

Leonard's an ass.

Damn it. Just as it seemed like the long shot was going to play out and Mexico would miss the WC, the US just netted two stoppage time goals to send them through to the play-in.

Serious question: Does Fredi Gonzalez have a job (managing)if it's not for the Braves organization?

:(

I'm going to go with no, other than one year with a twins affiliate no other organization in his 24 year career has given him a job besides the marlins and braves

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back