The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the point. Neither of those may be expensive but neither are crappy. But then again, you don't drink corn whiskey so you're never going to agree on this one.

I drank oceans of corn whiskey when I was in my early 20s. Then I went to a friend's house and he opened up a bottle of Springbank and it was like the clouds opened up and a shaft of light shone down on my (still gloriously hirsute) head. I drink far less whisk(e)y than I used to, but holy damn I love it so much more.

I drank oceans of corn whiskey when I was in my early 20s. Then I went to a friend's house and he opened up a bottle of Springbank and it was like the clouds opened up and a shaft of light shone down on my (still gloriously hirsute) head. I drink far less whisk(e)y than I used to, but holy damn I love it so much more.

Just never understood the appeal of liquor that tastes like peat moss.

Just never understood the appeal of liquor that tastes like peat moss.

1. There's as much variety in Scotch whiskey as there is in human women. Mrs Verc dislikes the taste of peat smoke, and there are still a dozen Scotch whiskies she loves. They don't all taste like Laphroaig.

2. But even heavily peated Scotch whiskies don't take like moss; they taste like smoke. You like barbecue, don't you?

1. There's as much variety in Scotch whiskey as there is in human women. Mrs Verc dislikes the taste of peat smoke, and there are still a dozen Scotch whiskies she loves. They don't all taste like Laphroaig.

2. But even heavily peated Scotch whiskies don't take like moss; they taste like smoke. You like barbecue, don't you?

Was just an over exaggeration for means to a joke. I actually like some (not a lot) scotch but I tend to find many to be overly done. And yes, I like (and cook) a lot of barbecue but you can over smoke that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back