The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our mop/blowout guys are now pitching in key situations.

I don't quite understand how the team apparently thought they could just move everybody up and keep on with business as usual.

However they decided to resolve the three-catcher-driven roster conundrum, it shouldn't have been with somebody being traded for a bullpen arm that's still two years away.

I don't quite understand how the team apparently thought they could just move everybody up and keep on with business as usual.

However they decided to resolve the three-catcher-driven roster conundrum, it shouldn't have been with somebody being traded for a bullpen arm that's never going to amount to anything.

fyp, imo

However they decided to resolve the three-catcher-driven roster conundrum, it shouldn't have been with somebody being traded for a bullpen arm that's still two years away.

They should have left Wood in AA if he isn't gonna be used in anything more than mop up time.

I was trying to be optimistic. But there is no way to look at that guy's numbers and not see it as a situation where they swapped Juanbomb for a dog, and all that's left now is to shoot the dog.

Surely Reed Johnson could have been traded for a bullpen arm. Or Schafer -- I'll begrudgingly admit that I don't want to see Schafer gone right now, but at least now would be the time to sell high on him. Surely they could have traded for a decent reliever somehow.

Lol, look at this gem TBrown

I've never been one of those advocates for an IQ test before you're allowed to post on this site because I know there are some backwoods TN fans that love their vols, but that guy right there.. I don't even know what to say.

Mark Bowman (@mlbbowman)
Gearrin's 9 app. in which the game was tied or one-run separated the 2 teams: 7.1 IP, 12 hits and 7 earned runs. #Braves

I drank oceans of corn whiskey when I was in my early 20s. Then I went to a friend's house and he opened up a bottle of Springbank and it was like the clouds opened up and a shaft of light shone down on my (still gloriously hirsute) head. I drink far less whisk(e)y than I used to, but holy damn I love it so much more.

Don't get me wrong on the proper occasion when it suits my leisure I'll enjoy a nice upper to highest shelf scotch and enjoy it immensely. But at the end of the day I'm an ole country boy from Chapel Hill, TN by God and I like my whiskey to have KENTUCKY OR TENNESSEE on the label dammit. The exception (of course) being Jameson.. in which the thirst of my quench is indeed insatiable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back