The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
<---- Prefers vinyl

You didn't grow up having your cherished albums scratched the hell up all the time. I'm enough of a ridiculously nostalgic old man that I still buy new albums on vinyl sometimes, but vinyl isn't better in any way at all other than the artwork/liner notes. Getting away from needles and grooves is the best thing that's happened to the music industry in my lifetime.

I'm around actual children all day every day. I don't need to augment my kiddie time by reading stuff written by nimrods who write worse than my eight-year-old and are more unreasonable than my four-year-old.

Did you just indirectly fsck with Wu Tang? Because I have heard that is not something you want to do.

Reactions: 2 people
You didn't grow up having your cherished albums scratched the hell up all the time. I'm enough of a ridiculously nostalgic old man that I still buy new albums on vinyl sometimes, but vinyl isn't better in any way at all other than the artwork/liner notes. Getting away from needles and grooves is the best thing that's happened to the music industry in my lifetime.

I don't listen to vinyl all that much per se as much as I collect.

My digital musical library is expansive.

Braves just drafted some dude named "Stiffler"

Stifler.jpg

I don't listen to vinyl all that much per se as much as I collect.

My digital musical library is expansive.

Vinyl record albums are beautiful to look at and hold, which is why I still buy them. It's unfortunate that they're so impractical.

The greatest music industry lie ever was that CDs were supposed to be scratchproof. I still remember the MTV VJs tossing them around like frisbees when they first came out. Major disappointment when they turned out to be fragile too.

Wu Tang is all right. I just don't have time for the idiots and stalkers. VN is enough of a time sink already without reading all that crap.

Lol believe me I'm getting tired of the recruiting forum too. Between the Bama posters and idiots, it's hard to get good info without having to sift through ten pages of b.s. It gets old quick

I'm not going to drink it all in a week. I want something good. Ill have it for awhile

I have three tiers of whiskey in my house. The good stuff, obviously. The regular stuff, which tends to be stuff like 10-12 year old Springbank, Highland Park, Oban, Scapa, Talisker, etc. A bottle like this is probably in the $50-$60 range, but I rarely have more than a dram or two at a time, so a bottle lasts a long time. The third tier is stuff for More Than Two Dram nights, putting in coffee, etc. I tend to go Irish in this range, usually Bushmills.

My favorite whiskies have mostly been Springbanks. Highland Park is a great choice. Red Breast is a really nice midrange Irish whiskey; it's Mrs Verc's favorite. Any of those would be great choices.

I have three tiers of whiskey in my house. The good stuff, obviously. The regular stuff, which tends to be stuff like 10-12 year old Springbank, Highland Park, Oban, Scapa, Talisker, etc. A bottle like this is probably in the $50-$60 range, but I rarely have more than a dram or two at a time, so a bottle lasts a long time. The third tier is stuff for More Than Two Dram nights, putting in coffee, etc. I tend to go Irish in this range, usually Bushmills.

Awesome. Probably gonna go with Talisker or Springbank.

Have I mentioned this before? Every year I get Mrs Verc a bottle of Red Breast for Christmas that I am not allowed to touch unless she pours it out. She gets it down when she wants some; she's generous about sharing it out. It lasts about a year; she gets another one the next Christmas. Happy holidays indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back