The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
B.J. has a .381 OBP in June. That's pretty good and I'll take it.

Honestly, at this point, my lineup would be:

Jason
BJ
Freddie
Justin
Mac
Dan
Ramiro
Andrelton

or...

BJ
Jason
Justin
Freddie
Mac
Dan
Ramiro
Andrelton

Last edited:
BJ should never ever lead off. Heyward is the only sensible lead off man on this team.

If B.J. is putting up his 2011 numbers (.243/.331/.429 along with 23 homers and 36 stolen bases), then he makes the most sense to lead off. The problem is I can't make that guarantee he will.

If B.J. is putting up his 2011 numbers (.243/.331/.429 along with 23 homers and 36 stolen bases), then he makes the most sense to lead off. The problem is I can't make that guarantee he will.

Doesn't get on and strikes out too much to lead off. Even in a really good year like '11, .331 doesn't really cut it for a lead off man. Black Jesus for lead off.

Jesse Chavez on the mound for Oakland against the Yankees in the top of the 17th

*yankees scored their only two runs in the first inning. A Cano homer

I don't know, .331 is fairly low OBP for a lead off man. Granted, it is not like the Braves have a dugout full of lead off men.

I know you guys aren't big UT basketball fans, but Coach Martin is straight up killing it on the recruiting trail right now.

League average for leadoff men this year is a .332 OBP.

How did those teams with average lead off men fair last year though? I could be wrong on the implications of an average lead off man, but I don't think it is something that a team with much success has (admittedly to lazy to look up the facts right now). Last time I checked the braves wanted to be better than an average team.

I used to hate cats, until I married a girl who likes them. Now I appreciate their practicality. My friends with dogs can barely go out to dinner without worrying about their dog's anus; we just left town for three days without having to do anything but lock the door. Turns out I'm fine with cats.

I used to hate cats, until I married a girl who likes them. Now I appreciate their practicality. My friends with dogs can barely go out to dinner without worrying about their dog's anus; we just left town for three days without having to do anything but lock the door. Turns out I'm fine with cats.

Thats how my dog is, leave the doggy door open and leave out enough food and water. Do it all the time. But i know exactly the people you're talking about. People with no fences or people in apartments. That gets on my nerves, they cant go anywhere without taking the dog or getting a dogsitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back