The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love playing physical basketball. I'm short and I can't jump, but I get a pantload of rebounds because I love getting in there and banging the hell out of people. I set a screen like a MF and I love being knocked on my own ass by somebody else's good screen. It make me want to throw up when I watch "real" basketball being played by guys who are huge and strong and athletic and they call it like it's being played by little girls in $200 sundresses. Every time I see something like that called a foul in a meaningful game, it makes me wonder what the hell I'm doing wasting time watching this sport on TV.

I completely disagree

i think he does a lot, especially with how well they play defense, but at the same time dudes were just knocking down shots.

again, i don't mean to knock him, but the "it's all Pop" theme is a bit much.

i think he does a lot, especially with how well they play defense, but at the same time dudes were just knocking down shots.

You talking about this series, well I completely agree. I doubt Pop did something that made Danny Green turn into 1995 Reggie Miller

I love playing physical basketball. I'm short and I can't jump, but I get a pantload of rebounds because I love getting in there and banging the hell out of people. I set a screen like a MF and I love being knocked on my own ass by somebody else's good screen. It make me want to throw up when I watch "real" basketball being played by guys who are huge and strong and athletic and they call it like it's being played by little girls in $200 sundresses. Every time I see something like that called a foul in a meaningful game, it makes me wonder what the hell I'm doing wasting time watching this sport on TV.

I respect that point of view, but if you're allowed to do whatever you want on screens in an unregulated manner, you might as well put 3 on the board every possession because getting a WIDE OPEN three would be unbelievably easy. What lebron did is a foul 10/10 times.

Every time I see something like that called a foul in a meaningful game, it makes me wonder what the hell I'm doing wasting time watching this sport on TV.

Let's just let him throw a clothesline next time while he's at it, that'll make it good and manly!

I respect that point of view, but if you're allowed to do whatever you want on screens in an unregulated manner, you might as well put 3 on the board every possession because getting a WIDE OPEN three would be unbelievably easy. What lebron did is a foul 10/10 times.

the percentage called, though, would be another story.

Those dudes just knock down shots because they move the ball remarkably. Outside Manu. Whatever the f he does is all him ha

You talking about this series, well I completely agree. I doubt Pop did something that made Danny Green turn into 1995 Reggie Miller

Yep. Popovich is the opposite of Phil Jackson. If anything, he doesn't get enough credit. He is the most valuable coach in any American sport other than maybe Nick Saban.

ftr i mostly mean the reactions i was seeing tonight after Parker and others were just being ridiculous. Just got me slightly annoyed even though I like watching the Spurs operate. I hope this goes seven.

Parker going into the lane and making fallaway/forward/sideways floaters/fingerrolls/etcetcetc isn't Pop's great offensive ball movement, is the point. Duncan assaulting somebody in the post isn't, either. But it's all part of it, for sure.

I understand that pro shooters mean that you have to call screens, but they need to call it consistently the whole game. They don't. I'm not arguing that particular call as much as all of it in general -- e.g. where Joey Crawford fouled James out against Indiana for a screen where Wade went the other way. You can't not call it for 3.5 quarters and then tighten up when the game is on the line.

They knock down shots because Popovich puts them in great spots. How many guys does San Antonio have to pull of the scrap heap and turn into really good players before it's not an accident? I'm comfortable saying this is almost all Popovich.

I guess I phrased it poorly or just went a bit too far with my point on some in game reactions. Pop certainly isn't underrated by anybody with thinking skills.

My point crumbled/was weird and whiney.

I guess I phrased it poorly or just went a bit too far with my point on some in game reactions. Pop certainly isn't underrated by anybody with thinking skills.

My point crumbled/was weird and whiney.

The Spurs turned Danny Green into a good shooter. Obviously nobody's a 70 percent shooter. The Spurs had a lot of great luck tonight, but I think generally speaking it's a situation where the Spurs put themselves into a position to have really good luck.

Yes yes. I just think too many people (not y'all defending Pop) act like the main cogs are average players that get spur magic. The stars are stars, even though everyone would probably be better if they could be spurs.

I may not be helping my point along here.

A crazy parker fall away over Wade's good defense isn't pop. Just isn't. Theres a lot of pop and a fair amount of guys putting on a clinic. And those clinics may well be sponsored by Pop, so... perty much just a 'let a minute corner of the internet annoy me and wanted to let it be known' moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back