The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot about the UFC fights.

On another unrelated note, I don't really see how a $5,000 fine is really going to deter flopping in the NBA. Tony Allen is making 3.3 million this year, a fine of .15% of his total salary is nothing. If I am him and in a position where I could potentially help my team by flopping I would happily pay that fine if caught. I mean that is equivalent to a $66 fine to somebody making the median US salary

Really going to be a good champions league final today. Though, I'm a little dissapointed Gotze won't be playing for Dortmund

I expect a Bayern beatdown. Rooting for Dortmund, as the "Borussia" part of their name apparently comes from a local beer.

Forgot about the UFC fights.

On another unrelated note, I don't really see how a $5,000 fine is really going to deter flopping in the NBA. Tony Allen is making 3.3 million this year, a fine of .15% of his total salary is nothing. If I am him and in a position where I could potentially help my team by flopping I would happily pay that fine if caught. I mean that is equivalent to a $66 fine to somebody making the median US salary

It has to be suspensions. Missing games and full game checks will make it go away. No sport is willing to do it.

I expect a Bayern beatdown. Rooting for Dortmund, as the "Borussia" part of their name apparently comes from a local beer.

Yeah, will be interesting to see how much not having Gotze changes things. In the three matches between Bayern and Dortmund so far this year there have been 2 1-1 ties and one 1-0 Bayern win. Also an interesting matchup in that there is a good chance multiple Dortmund players are sold to Bayern this off season.

If there is video online, y'all need to see the horrible call from the Rangers vs. Mariners game last night. Rangers got credit for turning a 3-6-3 DP yet the 1B didn't have his foot on the bag AND the pitcher (for some reason) intercepted the throw anyway. After they realized they got the out call, the pitcher and 1B walked away, playing it cool, the ball clearly in the pitcher's glove.

Just watched it on MLB At Bat. That was crazy, but I can see how i happened. The umpire is watching the bag and listening for the ball to hit the glove . . . he just didn't realize it was a different glove.

It's funny to go back and watch it once you know what happened and watch the pitcher and 1st baseman sell it.

Would love to see Ian Darke doing every sport

[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bg8vQKN4m8[/Youtube]

If there is video online, y'all need to see the horrible call from the Rangers vs. Mariners game last night. Rangers got credit for turning a 3-6-3 DP yet the 1B didn't have his foot on the bag AND the pitcher (for some reason) intercepted the throw anyway. After they realized they got the out call, the pitcher and 1B walked away, playing it cool, the ball clearly in the pitcher's glove.

Rangers pull hidden ball trick on disputed double play vs. Mariners - MLB - Sporting News

Any of the people that talk about the peanut butter shake at sonic on here tried the Peanut butter and Bacon shake? Just realized they had it...

I understand Varvaro couldn't grip the ball because of the rain. However, if a similar situation arose in which the game, played in normal conditions, began to slip in the 8th would you use Kimbrel to get the remainder of the outs, finish the inning, get out of the jam or whatever? I think I know what Fredi would do but am curious to your thoughts on closer usage.

That was a hell of a first half. Love the way Dortmund came after it. Not sure they can keep it up.

One of the better first halves I've seen in a big final like this. Seems like teams are normally a bit tenative early on not wanting to give up a goal. Dortmund is definitely going to have to get a couple of goals to win this, defense has been fairly unimpressive

I understand Varvaro couldn't grip the ball because of the rain. However, if a similar situation arose in which the game, played in normal conditions, began to slip in the 8th would you use Kimbrel to get the remainder of the outs, finish the inning, get out of the jam or whatever? I think I know what Fredi would do but am curious to your thoughts on closer usage.

The fact that Fredi apparently thought there was a chance the umps were going to call the game after the 8th if the Braves were still ahead makes not using Kimbrel a really glaring error. Only possible argument is that one game isn't worth risking an injury to Kimbrel on a wet mound, I guess. But other than that he absolutely had to be out there.

With the bullpen this depleted, the Braves really need to be able to use Kimbrel for more than three outs. They won't.

It depends on the closer. It's easy to say that you'd always have the closer up in the 8th in case he needs to get a 4 or 5 out save, but not everybody can do that.

Hahaha I have to see this.

It depends on the closer. It's easy to say that you'd always have the closer up in the 8th in case he needs to get a 4 or 5 out save, but not everybody can do that.

The only reason they can't do it is because none of them ever do anymore. Two-inning saves used to be completely standard.

The only reason they can't do it is because none of them ever do anymore. Two-inning saves used to be completely standard.

And I've never understood why that has changed. You'd think in important situations you'd want one of your better relievers pitching more that 3 outs

F, good goal by Bayern but will never understand why professional players struggle so much with such a one footed player like Robben is

I wouldn't have him up in every 8th. I would only get him up when things got sketchy. I think sometimes the game needs saving in an inning other than the 9th. The 8th inning started as 5-3. If Ankiel doesn't strikeout, David Wright bats with the go ahead run in scoring position. No way I have him facing anyone but Kimbrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back