The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. I'd like to follow just have NO IDEA where to start.

Your best best is to start going down to your local English/Irish pub to watch Premier League games. Eventually you'll meet a few regulars who aren't dicks and start rooting with them for their team. A friend of mine conjured up a pretty strong rooting interest in Liverpool this way. I get fairly regular texts from him on Saturday mornings at 8:30 in the morning; he's already down at the pub, pounding pints and watching the matches.

Most Americans who are into club soccer picked it up oin the pubs while living over there for awhile. You cannot manufacture it sitting at home by yourself on your couch. Get to the pubs when the games are on and it will eventually happen.

(This becomes basically impossible once you get weighed down by a family, BTW.)

401168_369269026507300_660796205_n.jpg

Why wouldn't they just leave Salcedo at 3B indefinitely? He can pick up LF in three weeks if they need him to. As far as I know there is literally nobody else in the organization that has even a prayer of playing the position in the majors.

Why wouldn't they just leave Salcedo at 3B indefinitely? He can pick up LF in three weeks if they need him to. As far as I know there is literally nobody else in the organization that has even a prayer of playing the position in the majors.

It's not like we have our starting OF signed for three years or anything either. There's not a need in the OF.

All I know is Chris Johnson is possibly the worst fielding 3rd baseman ever. I understand why the Backs let him go despite a potentially above average bat

All I know is Chris Johnson is possibly the worst fielding 3rd baseman ever. I understand why the Backs let him go despite a potentially above average bat

By no means am I arguing a gold glove for Johnson at 3B, but I haven't noticed that's he outright awful at the position.

By no means am I arguing a gold glove for Johnson at 3B, but I haven't noticed that's he outright awful at the position.

Same here, i remember that diving catch he made to snag a line drive down the line. One of the better plays ive seen from a Brave (not named Andrelton Simmons) this season.

Zero range. Average (on a good day arm) struggles with basic fielding. He is not a good third baseman. Juan is our best defensive third baseman. Which is scary.

I don't know how he's done this year, but I think I remember him having something like 100 errors in his first 300 professional games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back