The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked it up.. Signed a 3 yr/1,447,500. None guaranteed, 7,500 signing bonus. Made 390,000 last yr, 480,000 this yr, 570,000 next yr. if he doesn't get cut, dude will be set for life (if he's smart) and never even touched a field

@Braves: C/OF Evan Gattis has been placed on the 15-day DL with a right oblique strain. INF Tyler Pastornicky has been recalled from Gwinnett (AAA).

:(

shamefulfacepalm.gif

don't know much about oblique injuries?

Actually I have intermittent trouble with what a friend who is a physical therapist has told me is an oblique. I take some painkillers and it goes away after a couple of days. Biggest problem when it acts up is that it makes it agony to wipe after taking a dump.

I guess if I could just stick my hand up in the air when it hurts and go on the DL and somebody else would come take care of my kids for two weeks, I'd probably do it too.

In Poole's defense those blades of grass taking him down were completely blindsiding him

I once said this about Poole: He was attempting to enter the practice field and was confronted with a set of 5 doors, 4 of which were unlocked. He chose the locked door and when it wouldn't open, he collapsed on the ground in frustration.

He hurt himself last night swinging a damn bat and he already knows that he's going to miss TWO WEEKS. Baseball players are freaking ridiculous.

Well, he knows he'll miss two weeks because he's on the DL. He's out two weeks regardless. Going or not going on the DL probably wasn't his call. I would have thought maybe they would give him a few days of rest and see how it responded, seeing as how they already had another catcher on the roster, but it's probably more prudent to shut him down for two weeks at this stage of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back