The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I'll keep my opinion on the Zimmerman case to myself. I'd hate to be labelled "narrow-minded" for thinking the right verdict was reached given the evidence presented, much less that Zimmerman could very well have been justified in the shoot under certain circumstances, which may very well have taken place.

But I'm just a simpleton hillbilly.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Perhaps I'll keep my opinion on the Zimmerman case to myself. I'd hate to be labelled "narrow-minded" for thinking the right verdict was reached given the evidence presented, much less that Zimmerman could very well have been justified in the shoot under certain circumstances, which may very well have taken place.

I believe the right verdict was reached, based on the evidence and case presented. But IMO, some are celebrating the verdict for other reasons.

Also, there was as lot of idiocy from each side in that thread last night when I read it. I'm sure it's been cleaned up since then.

my guess is that people aren't taking into account the details of the case presented in court and going off the end result. i didn't keep up with the case very much.

but yeah you are a simpleton. agreed. :hi::hi:

my guess is that people aren't taking into account the details of the case presented in court and going off the end result. i didn't keep up with the case very much.

but yeah you are a simpleton. agreed. :hi::hi:

Of course he's a simpleton. He still posts via VolNation Mobile.

I'm not even going to open that thread. I don't champion this verdict as a win for gun owners, nor do I see it as nearly the racially motivated injustice that others do. Zimmerman's actions leading up to the incident are questionable, at best. However, the jurors can only deliberate on the evidence that is presented, and in my opinion, there was not proof beyond a reasonable doubt that Z murdered Martin.

I can easily see a situation where Z followed Martin, ultimately got into a confrontation, and started getting his ass handed to him. If Martin attempted to beat Z's head into the concrete, he can easily argue that his life was in jeopardy, and is justified in self-defense, no matter what the circumstances were leading up to the confrontation.

Also, if a struggle ensued, and Martin felt the gun on Z's waist and attempted to take it away, one could articulate that Martin intended to use it against him, justifying Z's use of it in self-defense.

These are all what-ifs. We will never know what happened. But (again, in my opinion), those jurors should be applauded for applying the instructions to the letter of the law despite all the social pressure put on them.

I'm not even going to open that thread. I don't champion this verdict as a win for gun owners, nor do I see it as nearly the racially motivated injustice that others do. Zimmerman's actions leading up to the incident are questionable, at best. However, the jurors can only deliberate on the evidence that is presented, and in my opinion, there was not proof beyond a reasonable doubt that Z murdered Martin.

I can easily see a situation where Z followed Martin, ultimately got into a confrontation, and started getting his ass handed to him. If Martin attempted to beat Z's head into the concrete, he can easily argue that his life was in jeopardy, and is justified in self-defense, no matter what the circumstances were leading up to the confrontation.

Also, if a struggle ensued, and Martin felt the gun on Z's waist and attempted to take it away, one could articulate that Martin intended to use it against him, justifying Z's use of it in self-defense.

These are all what-ifs. We will never know what happened. But (again, in my opinion), those jurors should be applauded for applying the instructions to the letter of the law despite all the social pressure put on them.

I completely agree.

The Mannings gave a big Fawk you to Johnny Manziel and kicked him out of their passing camp. He slept through the meetings and only attended practice once. So, they gave him the boot.

Manziel has a rude awakening coming to him. He better stay 4 years at aTm, because that's probably the last QB he's ever going to play.

No doubt. He is a system quarterback and is getting a bad reputation of immaturity. Apparently he slept through the meetings because he and McCarron went out to the bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back