The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laird won't call the change. Julio got hot when Mac came back.

Also, ace Julio gives us a clean first. First time all series

5 shootings and a stabbing in Nashville last night. Wonder if there is a correlation between that and the tension from the Zimmerman case?

Last edited:
Perhaps I'll keep my opinion on the Zimmerman case to myself. I'd hate to be labelled "narrow-minded" for thinking the right verdict was reached given the evidence presented, much less that Zimmerman could very well have been justified in the shoot under certain circumstances, which may very well have taken place.

But I'm just a simpleton hillbilly.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Now that I am much, much less intoxicated and capable of expressing at least some nuance, I'd like to say that A) I have no idea whether the "right" verdict was reached, as i was not in the courtroom, and B) i did not intend to call everyone who thinks it was the right verdict a hillbilly. But I have read through the Zimmerman thread before and there are plenty of our VN brethren who think that a black teenage male is almost by definition asking to get shot. Those are the people I was calling hillbillies. I'm sure they're all thrilled.

Now that I am much, much less intoxicated and capable of expressing at least some nuance, I'd like to say that A) I have no idea whether the "right" verdict was reached, as i was not in the courtroom, and B) i did not intend to call everyone who thinks it was the right verdict a hillbilly. But I have read through the Zimmerman thread before and there are plenty of our VN brethren who think that a black teenage male is almost by definition asking to get shot. Those are the people I was calling hillbillies. I'm sure they're all thrilled.

You think there are "plenty" of people on this board who overall generally think a black teenage male is asking to get shot? What's your defintion of plenty? And what all are you basing that on to come to that conclusion? As that is a serious accusation to bestow upon anyone.

Last edited:
Rotation coming out of the break:
Huddy
Meholm
Minor
Julio
Medlen

Bowman still thinks Wood will be put in there. He can come back up the 23rd, which is the day Medlen makes his start. It could be shaping up to look like this :
Huddy
Beachy
Minor
Julio
Wood

I think its obvious that Maholm is going to be offered up as a trade piece...I wonder if Medlen could be had as well...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I would have to say no. He figures to be a rotation mainstay next season.

Beachy
Minor
Teheran
Medlen

Hudson is a free agent, so I guess it depends on how much salary he'll be happy with in order to stay in Atlanta. He or Wood would fill out the rotation. If Hudson would settle for a 2yr/$12-15 offer, that would allow some time for Wood to continue to develop. He's not far removed from TJ surgery either.

Taking a foray into putting down laminate flooring tomorrow. Not handy by any means. Gonna be interesting.

We did that in our house when we were still living in Alaska...it's really not too bad, but you have to get that first line perfectly straight. Spend as much time as it takes getting that one perfect and you'll be fine.

Is it the tongue-in-groove kind with the padded backing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back