The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Paul is traded when Beachy comes back. We are looking for a left handed utility upgrade as well.

Hopefully Paul is traded when Beachy comes back. We are looking for a left handed utility upgrade as well.

I don't know that the bench is as much of a concern as national media types (people linking us to various trades) make it out to be. Schafer is a very strong defensive OF in all three spots, a perfect pinch runner, and as good as an OBP bench option as you're going to find. Gattis is the clear power bench bat. Laird isn't going anywhere. Janish is the best bench glove across the infield there is. The only need for depth is if you don't believe in Chris Johnson or Dan uggla hitting in the second half, or you're banking on an injury.

Yeah, as long as there aren't any bad injuries infield wise, janish and rev filling in for a game or two will not kill us.

I don't know that the bench is as much of a concern as national media types (people linking us to various trades) make it out to be. Schafer is a very strong defensive OF in all three spots, a perfect pinch runner, and as good as an OBP bench option as you're going to find. Gattis is the clear power bench bat. Laird isn't going anywhere. Janish is the best bench glove across the infield there is. The only need for depth is if you don't believe in Chris Johnson or Dan uggla hitting in the second half, or you're banking on an injury.

I'd love if the Reds had those Bench problems...

Yeah, as long as there aren't any bad injuries infield wise, janish and rev filling in for a game or two will not kill us.

If rev stays and Janish goes, I'll be highly upset

Gattis
Schafer
Laird
Janish
Reed

is my guess. If we acquire someone worth having, DFA or trade Reed. Funny we're looking for a LH bench bat that's enjoying sausages in Milwaukee

20130718_135747_zpsece43815.jpg

PB shake is the move today GWN

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back