The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back then y'all didn't want him. Now he hot y'all all up on him.

If recruiting is all that matters, we should have just hired Ed Orgeron. Recruiting at a championship level isn't the job; it's just a prerequisite. I'm not really going to form any serious opinion about Jones until I see how this team is playing in late October and early November.

If recruiting is all that matters, we should have just hired Ed Orgeron. Recruiting at a championship level isn't the job; it's just a prerequisite. I'm not really going to form any serious opinion about Jones until I see how this team is playing in late October and early November.

#soooooon

"Before my paper came, before I got my fame
These hoes that's popping on me now didn't even know my name
They said my flow was lame, they said I had no game
I told 'em all I was fin' to blow they thought I was insane"

-Butch Jones

But now that I got this Tennessee
Everybody want to come to me like it was some disease
But you won't get a crumb from me
Cause I'm from the streets of Saugatuck

But now that I got this Tennessee
Everybody want to come to me like it was some disease
But you won't get a crumb from me
Cause I'm from the streets of Saugatuck

1362533068_Ws0Sm.gif

I don't disagree but there was no way anybody thought he'd be recruiting at a championship level in his first year. He got a little lucky with this whole legacy year thing but he's still recruiting way over what I thought was possible. Elite talent makes coaching a little bit easier.

Too late. I already crowned him.

You and underscore take your wet blanket elsewhere

And the old fogey has to ruin all the youngins' fun.

No rain on this parade, we haven't had one ounce of anything of substance to be proud of in regard to football in YEARS. First true sign of us pulling out of dark abyss of utter embarrassment and failure, I for one am going to enjoy it. I mean hell this time last year we had 5 commits. FIVE. Now we have kids lined up around the block to be VOLS. We are going to have to turn talented kids down. Last year we were digging and rooting through the slop. Now we have the top class in the nation and the number 2 class in the nation already for next years cycle. I know he hasn't coached a down yet but if you can't get excited about what has been done in the last couple of months then I honestly don't know what to tell you.

No rain on this parade, we haven't had one ounce of anything of substance to be proud of in regard to football in YEARS. First true sign of us pulling out of dark abyss of utter embarrassment and failure, I for one am going to enjoy it. I mean hell this time last year we had 5 commits. FIVE. Now we have kids lined up around the block to be VOLS. We are going to have to turn talented kids down. Last year we were digging and rooting through the slop. Now we have the top class in the nation and the number 2 class in the nation already for next years cycle. I know he hasn't coached a down yet but if you can't get excited about what has been done in the last couple of months then I honestly don't know what to tell you.

I just hope people will be patient and give the man time to get it going. I mean this recruiting class is the tits and all, but those kids won't even be in campus until next year. Going to take a little time. Lets not call for Butch's head on a pike if we go 6-6 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back