The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
If recruiting is all that matters, we should have just hired Ed Orgeron. Recruiting at a championship level isn't the job; it's just a prerequisite. I'm not really going to form any serious opinion about Jones until I see how this team is playing in late October and early November.

Bah humbug.

:)

No rain on this parade, we haven't had one ounce of anything of substance to be proud of in regard to football in YEARS. First true sign of us pulling out of dark abyss of utter embarrassment and failure, I for one am going to enjoy it. I mean hell this time last year we had 5 commits. FIVE. Now we have kids lined up around the block to be VOLS. We are going to have to turn talented kids down. Last year we were digging and rooting through the slop. Now we have the top class in the nation and the number 2 class in the nation already for next years cycle. I know he hasn't coached a down yet but if you can't get excited about what has been done in the last couple of months then I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Our class will finish closer to 10 than 1, but the momentum is nice. I think we can go 7-5. Hopefully keep the class together and really get this train rollin

Is it just me or is this the longest feeling all star break ever? So glad to have the white bear back in my life, by the way.

I don't disagree but there was no way anybody thought he'd be recruiting at a championship level in his first year. He got a little lucky with this whole legacy year thing but he's still recruiting way over what I thought was possible. Elite talent makes coaching a little bit easier.

Oh, I'm definitely pleasantly shocked at how well he's been recruiting so far. This staff did not recruit well at UC, even by Big East standards, so I'm amazed at the 2014 class they're putting together. I've gone from thinking that that Jones had a 5 percent chance of being The Answer to maybe 50-50. Recruiting may only be half of it, but it's the only half he's had a chance to do so far, and he's knocking that half of it out of the park.

Oh, I'm definitely pleasantly shocked at how well he's been recruiting so far. This staff did not recruit well at UC, even by Big East standards, so I'm amazed at the 2014 class they're putting together. I've gone from thinking that that Jones had a 5 percent chance of being The Answer to maybe 50-50. Recruiting may only be half of it, but it's the only half he's had a chance to do so far, and he's knocking that half of it out of the park.

UC is in a ****ty area with a stadium that seats 35k and has awful facilities. Just throwing that out there.

:hi:

Not by big east standards, but he did by UC standards. He recruited quite a bit better at Cincinnati than Dantonio or Kelly did

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back