The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid to dump Juan Francisco for nothing so that they can keep Gerald Laird around.

You're the guy always talking about sample sizes. No way they can dump Laird based on 100 ABs from Gattis and 3 weeks of good health out of McCann.

You're the guy always talking about sample sizes. No way they can dump Laird based on 100 ABs from Gattis and 3 weeks of good health out of McCann.

You have a point, but I'm more than willing to take that gamble. Just an opinion though. I probably would have done my best to dump reed Johnson for anything, but I would have kept Juan over reed and laird

Reactions: 1 person
You have a point, but I'm more than willing to take that gamble. Just an opinion though. I probably would have done my best to dump reed Johnson for anything, but I would have kept Juan over reed and laird

Why gamble on dumping Laird when Johnson has made dumping Francisco so easy.

Why gamble on dumping Laird when Johnson has made dumping Francisco so easy.

I don't think Chris Johnson is all that great. I think Evan Gattis is better than Gerald laird. I think Juan Francisco is a more valuable asset than reed Johnson or Gerald laird.

Laird Ideally should have gone, but thats not good business for a vet to get cut in his first year(future free agents).Juan has power, but isn't an ideal pinch hitter when striking out at a near 40 % clip. IMO. Reed kills lefty and is good in a pinch, while being familiar with the role. Not a big deal to me

Why not? Gerald Laird is just a body. He is a career terrible hitter. Bethancourt is enough insurance for both McCan and Gattis bombing/getting hurt. Twisting the whole roster around so you can carry three catchers is idiocy.

Why not? Gerald Laird is just a body. He is a career terrible hitter. Bethancourt is enough insurance for both McCan and Gattis bombing/getting hurt. Twisting the whole roster around so you can carry three catchers is idiocy.

Future signings. What if you get in a situation down road and you need a veteran backup, but he goes elsewhere because he can't trust the organization? While not having another backup like Gattis. May sound minor, but it matters.

Future signings. What if you get in a situation down road and you need a veteran backup, but he goes elsewhere because he can't trust the organization? While not having another backup like Gattis. May sound minor, but it matters.

I'm comfortable with the Braves sabotaging their future ability to sign more terrible veteran backups.

I'm comfortable with the Braves sabotaging their future ability to sign more terrible veteran backups.

You know that's not what he meant. Come on man. Agents don't like their veteran players getting axed two months into a 2 year contract. Bad business, baseball is tight circle. Word gets out in small circles.

BJ shouldn't see a start until someone needs a day off, or we are up against some AL pitcher he has scorched in his career. Until then, we wait till he has some "man, does BJ look 10 times better" at bats from the bench

You know that's not what he meant. Come on man. Agents don't like their veteran players getting axed two months into a 2 year contract. Bad business, baseball is tight circle. Word gets out in small circles.

He gets paid either way. It's really not a huge deal imo. The real issue would be Julio throwing to the backstop every start until beachy is back because fredi wouldn't know who to catch.

BJ shouldn't see a start until someone needs a day off, or we are up against some AL pitcher he has scorched in his career. Until then, we wait till he has some "man, does BJ look 10 times better" at bats from the bench

Impossible to get it going without batting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back