The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that's not what he meant. Come on man. Agents don't like their veteran players getting axed two months into a 2 year contract. Bad business, baseball is tight circle. Word gets out in small circles.

The Braves have an unexpected roster crunch because they stumbled onto Paul Bunyan, and unfortunately he plays Gerald Laird's position. It's a once in a lifetime type problem. Shake his hand, wish him well, write his checks. It's a business. I can't imagine that Laird's agent, who probably is a plumber running a side business, would be able to poison the entire well of future free agents against Atlanta considering the unprecedented situation.

He gets paid either way. It's really not a huge deal imo. The real issue would be Julio throwing to the backstop every start until beachy is back because fredi wouldn't know who to catch.

I don't think Beachy should go to the rotation. I think he should go the Medlen route.

You know and I know the only one Fredi would have him replace in the starting rotation is Julio. Julio needs to be pitching. I figured you would agree with that.

Already on record as being pissed beyond words when beachy replaces Julio.. Unless of course, Julio is on the DL (knock on wood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back