The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched "The Sound of Music" tonight with the family. First time I'd seen it.

Under no circumstances should you let a woman talk you into watching that movie, ever. Awful.

Just got back from the park. Damn Uggla. And I wasn't thrilled about watching BJ in the ninth striking out in three pitches instead of Gattis.

My mom's favorite too. I hadn't seen it. Wish I'd kept it that way.

It's a 75 minute movie padded out to 2:54 (!) by 16 or 17 songs, including three or four repeats. Nightmare.

Haven't seen that movie in probably 10 years and I plan to keep it that way.

Are we still ignoring that outside a three ish week tear to start the season, Justin has been almost as bad as BJ? Or can I talk about that now?

BJ predictably went down on three pitches in the ninth. Justin's not there yet...neither is Dan.

Are we still ignoring that outside a three ish week tear to start the season, Justin has been almost as bad as BJ? Or can I talk about that now?

it's definitely getting ugly. Heyward, Uggla and the Uptons are just sad.

Uggla struck out in the 7th last night and his head was up with his eyes looking at the CF camera on all three swings. And everybody keeps telling me Heyward's just having bad luck .... as he hits 2 choppers and strikes out every night.

it's definitely getting ugly. Heyward, Uggla and the Uptons are just sad.

Uggla struck out in the 7th last night and his head was up with his eyes looking at the CF camera on all three swings. And everybody keeps telling me Heyward's just having bad luck .... as he hits 2 choppers and strikes out every night.

I'm with you on heyward but I just love him..Way too much to bash him. There's a Grand Canyon hole in his swing with that stupid hitch he does with his hands. He at least as OBP skills.

Heyward definitely would have caught span's triple in the first inning last night though

How many Juco's has Butch taken in? I naturally dislike Juco's as it's hurting the future for little gain in the now (since we will suck regardless). Dooley took too many Juco's and it's one of the reasons the roster is depleted.

How many JuCos did Dools take? Just feel like i'm probably forgetting some.

Gots to have bodies, I guess.

Only one that made it to campus, and sucked was Sentimore right? I don't mind a couple every year. We are gonna need immediate help at the positions he is offering Jucos at.

Rivera
Lanier
Moore
Couch
CP
Daniel Mac

Can't really complain about that group. His recruiting of high schoolers,orange pants, and overall awfulness is the reason for a depleted roster.

Last edited:
Dooley is the reaskn we have to take Jucos now. We may take up to 6 this yr.

Lauderdale
Weatherd
Jackson
Judd
Blair
Another OL

I can easily see us taking the first 5. Crazy how little depth there is on the roster

Reactions: 1 person
Wu what are the chances on Josh Malone

Right now I'd give it 40%. There are so many teams that think they are in great position with him, but he won't do interviews. Buck Fitzgerald thinks we have positioned ourselves nicely. ND is our biggest competition and UGA is making a strong push. Gonna be a battle for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back