The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird thought I've had, but with the recent bad base playing by C. Johnson, do you think it's possible to put Freeman at 3rd and keep Gattis's bat in the lineup at 1st? Freeman played some 3rd in the minors I believe.

Freeman might be worse. He has the range of a toddler.

Heyward is FINE. 3-0 count, and strikes out not being able to handle two fastballs right there.

Just FINE.

The "Heyward is fine" argument was based on things like his line drive percentage being up, strikeouts being down, BABIP being absurdly low. In other words, that he was fine except that the singles weren't falling in. I don't know if it's on baseball-ref or not, but I would bet that his line drive percentage has plummeted the last few weeks. I think he was fine, got frustrated at the lack of results, started pressing/lost confidence, and now he's not fine anymore.

Batting coach is certainly doing a hell of a job this year all the way around.

You'd think needing a pop fly to the outfield would be a place where BJ could succeed with that swing.

The "Heyward is fine" argument was based on things like his line drive percentage being up, strikeouts being down, BABIP being absurdly low. In other words, that he was fine except that the singles weren't falling in. I don't know if it's on baseball-ref or not, but I would bet that his line drive percentage has plummeted the last few weeks. I think he was fine, got frustrated at the lack of results, started pressing/lost confidence, and now he's not fine anymore.

I am more frustrated with him playing wiffle ball up there versus trying to make a point against you. I just want him to hit... just a little.

It kills me that Heyward, like Uggla, never seems to change his approach. I think they need to keep Heyward away from lefty/lefty matchups until he figures something out. There's no way to keep giving away Gattis' ABs with BJ and Heyward hitting .150.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back