The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really considering heading to Nashville for that series. Two of the best pitching staffs in the country

Ever been to Hawkins field? Great venue. Watched David Price and Pedro Alvarez dominate many a game there. My dear lord, Pedro in college was beastly. I thought about going too.

Ever been to Hawkins field? Great venue. Watched David Price and Pedro Alvarez dominate many a game there. My dear lord, Pedro in college was beastly. I thought about going too.

Yep, caught a few gaes there including this years UT Vandy series. Was never able to make it for any of the Pedro and Price years though. Like Hawkins field, but not a huge fan of the turf infields a lot of colleges are going to.

This UNC game is quickly becoming one of the most ridiculous I have seen. Onto the 13th after UNC ties it and then gets the potential winning run thrown out at the plate.

I'm sure y'all knew this but UNC's Cody Stubbs started his collegiate career at UT.

Coming up with bases loaded, one out, tie game, bottom of the 13th.

That doesn't bode well for UNC here.

I found this funny. I was listening to Braves radio when Martin and Hurdle got tossed. They were saying that Burnett/Martin couldn't/shouldn't have expected to get a strike call on a borderline pitch after Burnett and the ump had words on the previous pitch. At the same time, the Pirates TV guys said the only reason the ump didn't call the pitch in question a strike was due to a personal "get even" type call on Burnett due to the previous pitch.

FWIW, pitched looked like a strike to me.

Need ole Mike Minor to get hit around some today to win that streak cash.

Actually, maybe not. Still deciding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back