The Atlanta Braves Thread

Guess that makes Cox & Snitger failures. Geez. Bring back Eddie Haus?
Cox is kinda overrated. As good as the Braves were in the 90's it's tragic they only got 1 WS.

And Snit he's a fine minor league manager, and was good for the baby Braves, but there's a lot wrong with how he manages a team with expectations.

With the exception of their World Series run which was also during an underwhelming regular season, he has been a very underwhelming manager in the postseason which I am assuming is the goal. They have won the division six times under Snitker and have made it out of the division series twice. The other two seasons in his career they failed to make the playoffs so he is 2 for 8 in terms of making it out of essentially the first round and barring a miracle he will be 2 for 9 after this season. Those are Bobby Coxesque numbers for a manager of a team that expects to win
Snit, like 95% of MLB managers, is an underwhelming tactician. He's far from alone in that.

The real hilarious are the people who want to fire Seitzer, as though he took over the hitting coach job this season.

Is Tony the best coach on campus?

Discuss.
Yes, and it isn't even remotely close at the moment.

If he coached football, he would already have a statue and a street named after him, and had some huge part of the renovated LNS named after him. A national title is the only thing missing at this point, but he's also coaching a sport where you don't necessarily need a title to be a legendary figure (Mike Martin).

Yes, and it isn't even remotely close at the moment.

If he coached football, he would already have a statue and a street named after him, and had some huge part of the renovated LNS named after him. A national title is the only thing missing at this point, but he's also coaching a sport where you don't necessarily need a title to be a legendary figure (Mike Martin).
As long as he doesn’t get the program on academic probation like Delmonico did, or otherwise do something stupid to get himself fired for cause, or leave UT for another job, it’s a near certainty at this point that someday we will be playing baseball on Tony Vitello Field at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

As long as he doesn’t get the program on academic probation like Delmonico did, or otherwise do something stupid to get himself fired for cause, or leave UT for another job, it’s a near certainty at this point that someday we will be playing baseball on Tony Vitello Field at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.
The field is already named after a big donor (Robert Lindsay, which makes it even more confusing).

Reactions: TBrown
I'm a little surprised that the Lakers were "only" offering him about $600k more a year than what UK supposedly was.

I don't know exactly how much Hurley is motivated by money, so maybe it still wouldn't have worked, but they'd have to make him the highest paid coach in the NBA (or something really close to it) to get him to leave UConn.

Reactions: TBrown
Cox is kinda overrated. As good as the Braves were in the 90's it's tragic they only got 1 WS.

And Snit he's a fine minor league manager, and was good for the baby Braves, but there's a lot wrong with how he manages a team with expectations.
I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree, sir.

I don’t think Snit is an all time great but it’s pretty funny to say “doesn’t know how to manage a team with expectations” about a guy who has a World Series ring.

Anybody else think that Snitker might retire after this season if the Braves fail to make a deep playoff run?

In 21 after Ronald went down nobody really expected anything. Even in the playoffs most thought we would lose to the Dodgers.
The last 2 years and this with WS expectations theyve flamed out hard.
And Snit will never be forgiven for letting Elder face Harper.

I hope he retires either way. It's just not a job for an older guy and I don't know why an almost 70 year old wants to travel for half the year.
I honestly thought he might call it quits after the WS in 2021. It seemed like a fitting end for an older guy who had spent his entire career with the same organization.

VN Store

Back