The Atlanta Braves Thread

With how much the offense struggles they should play Ozuna in the field and C/DH Murphy/TDA

I don’t think so, we are on an absolute razor’s edge with zero room for error. Acuna, Harris, Strider, all gone. Olson is in the middle of regression year. Sale could go out any minute. And the top of the NL is going to be a really tough mountain to climb. It’s a great time for a quick re-set.

You don’t sell because you sustained injuries to your longterm assets. Just an unfortunate season, but they’re still in the playoff hunt.

Reactions: feathersax
Three of the last 4 WS teams have made the WS.

Since the invention of the Wild Card, a wild card team has made the World Series 41% of the time
… and I do understand that, I’m just saying how I would calculate the decision. It would take a monumentally cascading series of fortunate events for this team to win a WS this year. Next year, different story.

How do you suggest rebuilding the minors? Don’t say draft ha!

… and I do understand that, I’m just saying how I would calculate the decision. It would take a monumentally cascading series of fortunate events for this team to win a WS this year. Next year, different story.

How do you suggest rebuilding the minors? Don’t say draft ha!

With baseball in 2024, you get in and you have an honest chance as long as you have enough starting pitching, which we do (assuming health). AA has shown to be shrewd at the deadline. I would like to believe Matt Olson, Ozzie Albies, Michael Harris and Sean Murphy will get close to their career norms.

At this point, the common denominator of poor minor league prospects is the GM. He's on farm director #3

With baseball in 2024, you get in and you have an honest chance as long as you have enough starting pitching, which we do (assuming health). AA has shown to be shrewd at the deadline. I would like to believe Matt Olson, Ozzie Albies, Michael Harris and Sean Murphy will get close to their career norms.

At this point, the common denominator of poor minor league prospects is the GM. He's on farm director #3
Brother, Sean Murphy has never been that guy. Ozzie, meh, maybe he could get hot, will Harris even be back? If so, can’t rely on him to be productive this season. Leaves us with Olson- who could carry us but has always been streaky. Riley can do it, but again, the NL is a lot tougher than it has been the previous seasons. And aside from this we have way too many dead men walking at the plate to be offset.

All of our hope rests on Sale staying healthy 😬

would’ve been huge to have a healthy Sale, Strider and Max (Threed) tho

Brother, Sean Murphy has never been that guy. Ozzie, meh, maybe he could get hot, will Harris even be back? If so, can’t rely on him to be productive this season. Leaves us with Olson- who could carry us but has always been streaky. Riley can do it, but again, the NL is a lot tougher than it has been the previous seasons. And aside from this we have way too many dead men walking at the plate to be offset.

All of our hope rests on Sale staying healthy 😬

would’ve been huge to have a healthy Sale, Strider and Max (Threed) tho

Murphy is a career 117 OPS+ guy. I don't believe he's going to be below league average the rest of the year. The NL isn't a murderer's row, a lot of middling teams. And I'm frustrated this team (even without Acuna and Strider) isn't playing better, especially offensively. I think the East is done, but there's no reason they can't get the #4 seed and go on a run. Especially if they get a real OF and Nacho can be something in the second half when they finally call him up.

Guy who crushed the ball low and in keeps getting offspeed pitches low. Great game plan

VN Store

Back