The Atlanta Braves Thread

The collective WAR totals for the 5 players traded
is very similar to Bummer’s. Think about that. They’re not trade bait in the same way Arcia is not trade bait.
I think they could get us a couple Robbie Grossman types which is what we should be buying if anything for this team.
Going after anything bigger would just be silly.

I think they could get us a couple Robbie Grossman types which is what we should be buying if anything for this team.
Going after anything bigger would just be silly.
lol oh boy Robbie grossmsn types

we should make one move and one only and it’s the same as I’ve been saying for 18 months

Trade Max Fried

The one decision that’s sticks in my crawl is not signing Bryce Harper. He wanted to play with Freddie, and vice versa.
And it’s an obvious move, no? A tier 1 dude wants to be here for 30m like what are we even talking about just launch a Bryce Dog in the chop house and the contract is covered. Financial flexibility never hit a nuke to win but I’ve seen that dude do it in the biggest spots.

And it’s an obvious move, no? A tier 1 dude wants to be here for 30m like what are we even talking about just launch a Bryce Dog in the chop house and the contract is covered. Financial flexibility never hit a nuke to win but I’ve seen that dude do it in the biggest spots.

Especially when you factor that we paid Marcell Ozuna & Eddie Rosario the same AAV in 2022 & 2023

The one decision that’s sticks in my crawl is not signing Bryce Harper. He wanted to play with Freddie, and vice versa.

Could have rolled with Ronnie, Freddie, Riley, Harper, Willie, Ozzie for the decade man. THE DECADE

Ronnie
Freddie
Riley
Harper
Willie
Ozzie
TDA
Mikey
Who cares at SS

Easily could have been the lineup the last 3 years (I know Ronnie health).

Or we put AjSS and Schwelly both in the rotation
Sale
Lopez
FA
Schwell
AJSS

Sign a lefty and that's a solid rotation.

Don't forget Ian and Waldrep will fight for spots next year. So even if you lose Schwell and you have Eflin, that's just one spot

They paid a lot of money to acquire Chris Sale. They paid a lot of money to acquire Kelenic. I’m not doing the math but I’m willing to bet they have the most expensive bullpen. They have a top 5 payroll. Should payroll be higher in light of the success of the organization, attendance, the battery, etc.? Yes, sure. But have enough resources been allocated to not field a team of orlando arcia, zach short, nacho alvarez, washington national cast off eddie rosario, the corpse of adam duvall and so on? Absolutely. That is a direct reflection on the failure of AA, the GM.
Those were trades.

The Braves don't do high dollar FA signings.

They paid a lot of money to acquire Chris Sale. They paid a lot of money to acquire Kelenic. I’m not doing the math but I’m willing to bet they have the most expensive bullpen. They have a top 5 payroll. Should payroll be higher in light of the success of the organization, attendance, the battery, etc.? Yes, sure. But have enough resources been allocated to not field a team of orlando arcia, zach short, nacho alvarez, washington national cast off eddie rosario, the corpse of adam duvall and so on? Absolutely. That is a direct reflection on the failure of AA, the GM.
It's like once the DH got implemented, they just gave up on depth and we end up with poverty AAAA guys.

Reactions: zjcvols
It's like once the DH got implemented, they just gave up on depth and we end up with poverty AAAA guys.

It's quite hilarious. Meanwhile we are paying $9M to Sean Murphy to play every other day when we could have had William Contreras who is younger and better making $767K, while also having to pay 40 year old Charlie Morton $20M to be league average because they can't develop pitching. That extra $28M for depth would be nice to have right about now.

VN Store

Back