The Atlanta Braves Thread

Are we overrating Jorge soler a little bit?

He's a 117 wRC+ since 2018 and this year...

Soler: 115 wRC+
Laureano: 67 wRC+
Rosario: 51 wRC+
Duvall: 63 wRC+

I'm not acting like Soler makes us WS favorites or anything, but they're a better team today than they were yesterday. And they also get better once Harris gets back because you can run the Kelenic/Duvall platoon in LF, which also makes you better. Kelenic has been fine against righties and Duvall has crushed lefties this year and Soler doesn't have big career splits.

He's a 117 wRC+ since 2018 and this year...

Soler: 115 wRC+
Laureano: 94 wRC+
Rosario: 51 wRC+
Duvall: 63 wRC+

I'm not acting like Soler makes us WS favorites or anything, but they're a better team today than they were yesterday. And they also get better once Harris gets back because you can run the Kelenic/Duvall platoon in LF, which also makes you better. Kelenic has been fine against righties and Duvall has crushed lefties this year and Soler doesn't have big career splits.
That’s fine too. But I don’t think he is a much better fit for this lineup than the other guys.

That’s fine too. But I don’t think he is a much better fit for this lineup than the other guys.

I think adding a RH/DH only who you are now going to have to play in RF is an odd fit, I don't disagree. I would have preferred Conforto or Yazstremski if they were available (and they might not have been). I'm just saying the lineup is better with this addition.

That bolded part is a pretty big component of leadership. I think Freddie was pretty vocal too, but being vocal doesn't mean anything if you don't lead by example.
It's like the story of Freddie and Hech the AJC or athletic or whichever posted. Hech was banged up near the end of the season and was whining in the training room, and was going to sit that night. Freddie then asked him if he was hurt or injured, Yada Yada Hech ended up playing and had a great game. Went 3-4 with a double or something like that. That's the type of vocal leader I don't think this clubhouse guy. A dude to get in others face when they need it.

Slightly better is hilarious. Defense is a concern and we need Mike back in CF but come on
half his game is major liability

he is a 1,000 games in and has amassed a whopping career WAR of 7. He isn’t that guy lol.

Being better in this instance is akin to tallest midget

this team is bad, this make the team slightly better but absolutely no where near the top teams in the NL.

if you make this move you need to make several more to move the needle enough to justify it

Im sorry guys that’s garbage. When even add the Soler money and create defensive issues if we aren’t doing more???

VN Store

Back