The Atlanta Braves Thread

That's the part the drive by casuals are missing. Having him back isn't about his production it's about the locker room.

Why do you think Chavez is still around.
You don't pay $25M to keep someone around for the locker room. The Cubs overpaid for Dansby. We were never going to match it and I'm glad we didn't.

Reactions: AV_12
You don't pay $25M to keep someone around for the locker room. The Cubs overpaid for Dansby. We were never going to match it and I'm glad we didn't.
Dansby Swanson has more WAR than Trea Turner, Xander Bogaerts, and the almighty Carlos Correa. He is actually underpaid by valuation metrics.

The “locker room stuff” is an added bonus for free!

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
You do for his Elite defense.

The problem is Atlanta is run by a corp not a billionaire owner they're trying to avoid a rebuild which in the long run will hurt their WS chances.

I and most fans would take an extended run with Freddie and Dansby still here and there inevitable rebuild at the end over this slop they're running out.

Reactions: Weezy
You do for his Elite defense.

The problem is Atlanta is run by a corp not a billionaire owner they're trying to avoid a rebuild which in the long run will hurt their WS chances.

I and most fans would take an extended run with Freddie and Dansby still here and there inevitable rebuild at the end over this slop they're running out.
You were talking about last night how we needed guys who could hit. Our defense/pitching was not the problem this year. Dansby wouldn't have solved the offensive problems this year. (consistently at least).

I am a huge Dansby fan, but I was fine letting him walk for that price. In his career when he has played a full 162 (minus when he got called up and the COVID year) he has only hit above .250 twice.

Thanks for making it make sense bro. Appreciate it.

If he could hit he’d still be here. Point blank. I’m off the baseball talk tho, troll someone else
Me? Trolling?

If I wanted to troll I’d say

Hey guys, I’m a little worried Philly is better than us. oKaY PhiLLy BrOwN

Hey guys, max fried is a good pitcher but he doesn’t exactly have the stuff to go mano a mano with the real 1’s when we need it most. How coULd yOu HaTe mAx friED

William Contreras is pretty good. LanGeLiERs

The Sean Murphy trade is pretty horrible asset management. oKaY mR aSSet mAnaGemEnT oVeR hErE

Watching Ozzie ground out to second base four times a night is enthralling. How could the entire MLB think to leave him off a top 10 list. What gross oversight! iMaGiNe nOt aPprEciAtiNg the BEST SECOND BASEMAN IN THE LEAGUE (lol)

I have at least a dozen more examples, stats, dollar signs, etc but you keep posting about who performs well in April and who gets lucky whenever they get lucky or whatever else.

FB comments.

You were talking about last night how we needed guys who could hit. Our defense/pitching was not the problem this year. Dansby wouldn't have solved the offensive problems this year. (consistently at least).

I am a huge Dansby fan, but I was fine letting him walk for that price. In his career when he has played a full 162 (minus when he got called up and the COVID year) he has only hit above .250 twice.
And he's a massive upgrade over the guy we have now.

Dansby and Willy Adames are essiantlly the same player, and Dansby actually has more career WAR
No shot

Dansby is for people who understand and appreciate nuance. Batting average leads me to believe you might not be a big nuance man.

Would you have rather paid Dansby 25 million this season, or the 30 AA wasted for Kelenic?
I’d rather have paid Dansby the 20 he would have taken to stay here and kept Williams Contreras over Sean Murphy. That was the offseason the light went off.

Wash departure + Kelenic trade clusterfk was icing on the cake.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards

VN Store

Back