The Biden/Harris Administration Accomplishments Thread

The point is everything is going up. If you do the math every time you shop it can be $100's a month.
Okay...so cut out things like chips and other junk foods and soda. Be smart about it. In my house we are trying to waste nothing. Eat all the leftovers even if we don't necessarily want them. Buy lots of veggies, protein, rice, beans. Hell I'm even growing veggies. Its not hard.

I dont feel sorry for a mom going hungry every once in a while so her kids can have chips and Mtn Dew

Okay...so cut out things like chips and other junk foods and soda. Be smart about it. In my house we are trying to waste nothing. Eat all the leftovers even if we don't necessarily want them. Buy lots of veggies, protein, rice, beans. Hell I'm even growing veggies. Its not hard.

I dont feel sorry for a mom going hungry every once in a while so her kids can have chips and Mtn Dew
Everybody knows that inflation is totally out of control, and it's considerably higher than the fantasy land figures released by the federal government.

However, in this case, it isn't a mom that's reportedly going hungry in order for kids to eat. It's a grandmother. Where are the parents of these 4 children? Unless they've died, that's the root problem in this particular story.

I would LOVE to see the support for this statement. My guess is that this statement is either exceptionally poorly worded (to the effect that it doesn't actually state what they intended to say), or it's 100% unadulterated BS.

1651796878864.png

Everybody knows that inflation is totally out of control, and it's considerably higher than the fantasy land figures released by the federal government.

However, in this case, it isn't a mom that's reportedly going hungry in order for kids to eat. It's a grandmother. Where are the parents of these 4 children? Unless they've died, that's the root problem in this particular story.
I know, inflation is killing us no doubt about it. Just saying being smarter with what you eat and buy at the store is 1 way to semi offset the cost. And I agree with the root problem.

Here's a Biden accomplishment. Since the majority of women reportedly voted for Joe Biden, hopefully they'll think long and hard about the ramifications of their votes in the future.

1651797822993.png

you have to make sacrifices these days if you are a pothead

The point is everything is going up. If you do the math every time you shop it can be $100's a month.
Many of the suppliers have gone up on their prices. Plus employers are paying more in the service/ hospitality industry - which they should have been doing at least 5 years ago. Therefore businesses are raising their prices.

I eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies. I have not seen my prices go up as much. If you are buying soda the store brand is much cheaper and tastes about the same. Even on canned vegetables, chips, etc the store brand tastes just as good or almost as good. And saves you money.

Last but not least. Other costs keep going up. Rent, gas, new and used automobiles, etc. It's not just food.

I'm not going to lie. I still love my chips and soda. Just not as much as when I was younger. I learned to eat more healthy overall and like you I try to eat leftovers. Especially if I've spent time making the meal myself like I often do.

The problem is that some of the things you mention like veggies, rice, and beans take time to cook and that is sadly an inconvenience to a lot of people. In other words it would take a lot of work for some people.

Reactions: AM64
I would LOVE to see the support for this statement. My guess is that this statement is either exceptionally poorly worded (to the effect that it doesn't actually state what they intended to say), or it's 100% unadulterated BS.

View attachment 453127

Wow, I had no idea that grocery stores had different prices for men than for women. I wonder how they handle the women who identify as men and so on. You're right - that's a load of rubbish. "Research" sure isn't what it used to be. Yeah, I get what they were trying to say ... and totally failed to do so. However, it's obviously sexist that producers would run up the prices on stuff that single women and not single men tend to purchase.

View attachment 453127

This must be why I see so many obese chicks. I’ve been wondering about that.

Reactions: Wireless1 and AM64
I'm not going to lie. I still love my chips and soda. Just not as much as when I was younger. I learned to eat more healthy overall and like you I try to eat leftovers. Especially if I've spent time making the meal myself like I often do.

The problem is that some of the things you mention like veggies, rice, and beans take time to cook and that is sadly an inconvenience to a lot of people. In other words it would take a lot of work for some people.

Those do take longer, but do yourself a favor and buy a good rice cooker and a bag of good rice. Measure and rinse the rice (best to let it soak about 10 min), fill to the correct water line, and turn it on - 20 min and you have a great pot of rice. The rest does take longer.

Those do take longer, but do yourself a favor and buy a good rice cooker and a bag of good rice. Measure and rinse the rice (best to let it soak about 10 min), fill to the correct water line, and turn it on - 20 min and you have a great pot of rice. The rest does take longer.

Next time you’re in south or Central American, find you one of their local rice pots. I have no idea why, but they cook rice better than anything you find in the states.

Reactions: AM64
Next time you’re in south or Central American, find you one of their local rice pots. I have no idea why, but they cook rice better than anything you find in the states.

Are you sure it's not the rice? It really makes a difference. If you get a chance and are there again, see what brand they use. We've been happy with Zojirushi and Aroma (unfortunately made in China rather than Japan - Japanese companies have been outsourcing cheaper stuff to China, too, and manufacturing the better stuff for their domestic market at home). I generally get Nishiki rice - even with a Japanese name it's still grown in CA. I'd almost bet the difference you taste is the rice itself - I really dislike the weird rice my wife keeps buying.

You don't even have to buy a rice cooker. You can use a regular pot as well. Plus a bag of rice is very inexpensive. If you go to an Asian grocery store there is always a wide selection to choose from.

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
They got someone who went to school for at least 8 years to piss their career away and leak supreme court documents.

Reactions: StarRaider
Are you sure it's not the rice? It really makes a difference. If you get a chance and are there again, see what brand they use. We've been happy with Zojirushi and Aroma (unfortunately made in China rather than Japan - Japanese companies have been outsourcing cheaper stuff to China, too, and manufacturing the better stuff for their domestic market at home). I generally get Nishiki rice - even with a Japanese name it's still grown in CA. I'd almost bet the difference you taste is the rice itself - I really dislike the weird rice my wife keeps buying.

It’s a Colombian cast aluminum caldera, and it doesn’t really have a brand. It cooks amazing rice. I didn’t know rice could be good until I married my wife (who is from that region of the world).

Here we usually use Jasmine rice. Here is how she does it.

Heat the stove to med - med high

Put a spoon full of coconut oil in the caldera

Throw in a cup of rice

Let some if the rice fry in the oil for a few minutes

When the caldera is hot and the rice is frying, add 1 cup of water…no more

Do not stir the rice

Let the water above the rice boil out and leave uncovered for a few more minutes

Turn heat down to low and cover only after most of water has boiled out.

Turn off heat once all water has just cooked off.

Last edited:
I made a pot roast the other night. The recipe called to add 1 packet au jus seasoning, 1 packet ranch seasoning, 1/4 cup butter, and 4 pepperoncinis. I did 2 packets of the au jus, 1/2 cup butter, and 8 pepperoncinis instead with the 1 packet of ranch seasoning. It was delicious. The juices from the roast as it is cooking in the crock pot does the rest. No need to add water or anything.

VN Store

Back