The bottom

How can you have a perfect grasp of the situation here, but you can't seem to connect the dots between this and our foreign policy?
I don't think I've ever denied we have issues in foreign policy. Have for years. But we don't act in a vacuum, there are other players at the table holding cards.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Pilots have been forced to retire at 65 forever.
No... it used to be 60. It was changed to align with ICAO standards about 10-12 years ago (I don't remember exactly) so that international pilots over the age of 60 could continue to fly into the US. There are currently several countries that allow flying past 65, but because the ICAO standards have not changed yet they must remain as domestic only. Japan is one. I have considered applying there if I can get a direct entry captain seat... they do hire expats in that capacity (well they did before the Fauci Flu). I would be happy to downbid to a domestic only category here if afforded the opportunity once I turn 65, but Buttplug says I need to be put out to pasture. Oh well. Government puts up obstacles, and people find ways around them.

Konnichiwa... and sayonara!

And we don't retire. We are forced out.

No... it used to be 60. It was changed to align with ICAO standards about 10-12 years ago (I don't remember exactly) so that international pilots over the age of 60 could continue to fly into the US. There are currently several countries that allow flying past 65, but because the ICAO standards have not changed yet they must remain as domestic only. Japan is one. I have considered applying there if I can get a direct entry captain seat... they do hire expats in that capacity (well they did before the Fauci Flu). I would be happy to downbid to a domestic only category here if afforded the opportunity once I turn 65, but Buttplug says I need to be put out to pasture. Oh well. Government puts up obstacles, and people find ways around them.

Konnichiwa... and sayonara!

And we don't retire. We are forced out.

Good luck on getting what you want. I mean that in all seriousness. I don't understand why a complete physical couldn't suffice for those that want to fly past 65.

Good luck on getting what you want. I mean that in all seriousness. I don't understand why a complete physical couldn't suffice for those that want to fly past 65.
What I don't understand is how a clearly discriminatory practice is allowed to continue, ESPECIALLY when sanctioned by the federal government. It is no different than saying I would have to quit if I was black or whit or bald because I would be unable to do anything about that either. It is NOT based in science, it had more to do with negotiated retirement plans from the 1940s which don't exist anymore.

I have zero hope of it being overturned. People don't want the 'old' guy up there until they are about to ditch in the Hudson. Then they do.

Me either. But the ball isn't in the employers court. All you can do is evaluate their results and value regardless of where/when they work.
I keep waiting for it to rip the heart out of the middle management bloat we have. The people who justify their paychecks by micromanaging. In my industry production and profits are up with people working from home. The only people with issues are the ones refusing to adapt.

Eventually the labor market will swing back the other way, and I bet you wont see an increase in production from dragging people into the office.

And I say this as someone who only works from the office with the option to work from home.

Forgetting He Works for 79-Year-Old, Buttigieg Says Pilots Must Retire by 65

Isn't it amazing that in the leftist utopia, even those of us that want to work... can't?
Interesting...
"I'm not going to be on board with anything that compromises safety," Buttigieg said of the potential age cap increase that he believes would endanger air travelers. "The answer is not to keep the baby boomer generation in the cockpit indefinitely," he added.

What I don't understand is how a clearly discriminatory practice is allowed to continue, ESPECIALLY when sanctioned by the federal government. It is no different than saying I would have to quit if I was black or whit or bald because I would be unable to do anything about that either. It is NOT based in science, it had more to do with negotiated retirement plans from the 1940s which don't exist anymore.

I have zero hope of it being overturned. People don't want the 'old' guy up there until they are about to ditch in the Hudson. Then they do.
Give me the best combination of competence and reps in my pilot, please.

I don’t think some are giving enough weight to the Covid Response and just what exactly took place over these last 2+ years.

The fallout from this is going to be with us for a long time.

There’s no flick of the wrist (via pen, or wand) to set this right.

Isn't that an international standard? Even if we changed ours how would that work logistically for airlines?
We'd have to bid down to categories that fly mainly domestic, and they would have to put in place a mechanism to deny international trips in the event you got one on the monthly bid. They have already proven this is not a big deal by denying trips that layover in Canada to the un"vaxxed". I would have to go from a purely international airplane to something smaller and only fly in the States.... which would be fine with me.

I don’t think some are giving enough weight to the Covid Response and just what exactly took place over these last 2+ years.

No doubt. "Covid" has been the worst excuse EVER for complete incompetence in every industry I can think of. It's like every CEO and staff in the entire country just threw up their hands and said "oh well". (Of course they all got well paid during all of this... I guess that's why most of them ate leftist elitist supporting thugs.) I can't think of a single one that has actually taken advantage of the chaos and truly accelerated their company above their peers. That doesn't bode well going forward for what used to be 'American exceptionalism'.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
No doubt. "Covid" has been the worst excuse EVER for complete incompetence in every industry I can think of. It's like every CEO and staff in the entire country just threw up their hands and said "oh well". (Of course they all got well paid during all of this... I guess that's why most of them ate leftist elitist supporting thugs.) I can't think of a single one that has actually taken advantage of the chaos and truly accelerated their company above their peers. That doesn't bode well going forward for what used to be 'American exceptionalism'.

If you are an industry that really can have people work from home, what I'm seeing is that the Covid experience did in fact get them to improve, or at least revise, their models of efficiency. A number of business people I know have adopted a model whereby they cut their office space in half. Half of the workforce comes in for a week and the other works from home that week, then they switch.

They realize they don't need as much office space. So in that respect, and for their own business, I think that is a net positive for them. So that is one example of an efficiency that resulted.

I still hate them. Their approach cannot be matched by me. I still need people here to work with moment by moment and cannot schedule zoom calls to review spreadsheets and the like. So I still hate all those people that have done this.

Incompetence? No, they know what their doing.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
If you are an industry that really can have people work from home, what I'm seeing is that the Covid experience did in fact get them to improve, or at least revise, their models of efficiency. A number of business people I know have adopted a model whereby they cut their office space in half. Half of the workforce comes in for a week and the other works from home that week, then they switch.

They realize they don't need as much office space. So in that respect, and for their own business, I think that is a net positive for them. So that is one example of an efficiency that resulted.

I still hate them. Their approach cannot be matched by me. I still need people here to work with moment by moment and cannot schedule zoom calls to review spreadsheets and the like. So I still hate all those people that have done this.
You hate all those people that brought this all about?

The OP was about the stock market. And you know as much as anyone else here that a cut in interest rates (or QE) would send the market higher, regardless of what else was going on. See 2021.

Will be interesting to see what the next cpi data shows. By all accounts spending is down and supply problems are easing. Gas prices down. Commodities down. Theoretically should see some inflation relief soon.

Anyone else thought LG was announcing his new nickname when reading the thread title?

VN Store

Back