The Case for Reparations

What if you are African American and descended from slave owners? Do you pay yourself?

How does one determine what is owed and to who? Do the Irish also get reparations, though maybe a smaller amount since they weren't officially slaves just impossibly indebted to their masters?

Reactions: dovervolz
The problem will not be fixed. After all I've borne witness to, read, experienced, and certainly seen on this forum, people don't want it fixed. They prefer to crawl into their PREFERRED biased preconceived perceptions, and even outright lies, to positive change. If anything, our march to self-destruction has been going on from time immemorial, and its nearing its final campsite. Another proof is your dragging up Tulsa and the 1920a, whereas I said nothing about either. But you want to drag it into the realm of "You're focusing on the distant past" lie. I'm for an asteroid strike, alien invasion, or Putin carrying out his threat. Get the business over and done with, we don't have sense enough to live in harmony or take care of what was once an extraordinary, beautiful planet.
Paint yourself as holy, faultless, and all good things and "them" as evil incarnate all you want. Yet you ,and yours went into their lands and forked up the culture, environment, displaced the original inhabitants, raped the people and the land, created the hell of dependency and now want claim it's their problem and not yours. All while continuing to enjoy the benefits of your acts and perpetuating them. And denying it all. That's not to say you are the only bad faction of humans because you're not. History testifies of that. Might as well get the whole mess over and done with. We're too stupid to do otherwise.
The race baiters are in the same camp. and that's a large reason the minorities continue to suffer.

I bring up Tulsa, because that was held up as local "golden" age for one community. seems like there are lessons to be learned there that could be helpful in at least the "poor" part of the minorities suffering. but it figures that you want to ignore anything that would provide an actual solution and hiding behind nihilism only shows that you actually don't care about the problems you rant against.

where have I painted myself holy, faultless or even good? or even saying someone else is evil? I think you are projecting.

the problem with whites isn't that they were the first or only to steal land, create hell, destroy the environment, conquer others, etc. It's just that they are the latest/current.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
The race baiters are in the same camp. and that's a large reason the minorities continue to suffer.

I bring up Tulsa, because that was held up as local "golden" age for one community. seems like there are lessons to be learned there that could be helpful in at least the "poor" part of the minorities suffering. but it figures that you want to ignore anything that would provide an actual solution and hiding behind nihilism only shows that you actually don't care about the problems you rant against.

where have I painted myself holy, faultless or even good? or even saying someone else is evil? I think you are projecting.

the problem with whites isn't that they were the first or only to steal land, create hell, destroy the environment, conquer others, etc. It's just that they are the latest/current.
There is no solution. Human nature and history makes that clear. Even the Bible says two celestial events will stomp us because of pretty much the reasons I've already given. Again, might as well get the mess over and done with.

as I suspected you don't actually care, just virtue signalling.
OK
While we’re handing out free money, should we also reimburse all the slave owners decendents because they lost “property” and at the time there was no income tax to deduct the loss?
So you see, LouderVol, Wireless1 post is one of many like it here and in other political forums is why I don't believe racial, environmental, and a host of other issues cannot be improved. People don't want that, despite lip service to the contrary. They are locked into their bias, myths, hatreds, and worst, desiring only to justify by any means necessary to retain the status quo. So I say, to heck with, end it all at once.

Yes I am. I’m exercising more but struggling to control what I eat. I’m doing better but not good enough.
Welcome to the party. Humans have rocks for brains as it is, so certainly some lead is mixed in.

OK

So you see, LouderVol, Wireless1 post is one of many like it here and in other political forums is why I don't believe racial, environmental, and a host of other issues cannot be improved. People don't want that, despite lip service to the contrary. They are locked into their bias, myths, hatreds, and worst, desiring only to justify by any means necessary to retain the status quo. So I say, to heck with, end it all at once.
My statement has nothing to do with race, there would be black slave owners' families that would be compensated too. I was simply using the same situation (US Slavery) to show that there were costs to more than just one subset of participants and using the Oprah model, if one gets paid should everybody get paid?

My statement has nothing to do with race, there would be black slave owners' families that would be compensated too. I was simply using the same situation (US Slavery) to show that there were costs to more than just one subset of participants and using the Oprah model, if one gets paid should everybody get paid?
yada yada yada

Huh. And here I thought I had sh1t for brains. I can’t wait to tell my wife she was wrong!
Your wife is right, you're fooling yourself with your cranial diarrhea. Just because it's liquid doesn't change the fact it's still sh1t.

Reactions: hUTch2002
Supply chain. Takes two to Tango, hard stop. African nations sold their own people into slavery. They own as much of the liability as anyone. The US was the consumer, which was despicable. When the people pushing reparations here hold those African nations responsible for trading their own people and require those countries to make a large deposit for what they did, only then can a discussion be had. There’s no possible way to quantify the effects of or the reparation for…when only one part of the equation is considered.

Reactions: tbh
Set up government go fund me's. When you fill out your income tax form check a box for whatever cause you are passionate about and put in your contribution. I am sure they will spend it well.

If you want reparations and to judge slavery from an American morality, then you go after those that participated in slavery. Owners and slaves, of any exist yes, I could argue they deserve some kinda reparation...problem is they don't exist and if we are going to make children pay for the sins of their parents everyone better pony up and everyone better receive. Or we can accept that at that time slavery was a business. We can accept that slavery is still a business as there are more slaves now in history then ever...more in Africa, China, and our government seems to be knee deep in sex slavery...so all you SJW that want reparations start speaking out against current slavery otherwise it just another money grab.

Supply chain. Takes two to Tango, hard stop. African nations sold their own people into slavery. They own as much of the liability as anyone. The US was the consumer, which was despicable. When the people pushing reparations here hold those African nations responsible for trading their own people and require those countries to make a large deposit for what they did, only then can a discussion be had. There’s no possible way to quantify the effects of or the reparation for…when only one part of the equation is considered.
Yeah, right. I'm sure there will be a discussion if that day were to come.

VN Store

Back