The Church of England

Good, centralized religious authority is not a good thing.
But at the other extreme, can you really trust every believer to come up with their own doctrine on their own? You have to have some level of authority or you know longer have a church

But at the other extreme, can you really trust every believer to come up with their own doctrine on their own? You have to have some level of authority or you know longer have a church
I don't know about the rest of the world, but there are hundreds of religious doctrines in East TN. Snake handlers and speaking in tongues are a couple of the more bizarre ones I've witnessed.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
I don't know about the rest of the world, but there are hundreds of religious doctrines in East TN. Snake handlers and speaking in tongues are a couple of the more bizarre ones I've witnessed.[/QUOTE
Pentecostal church meetings are lively that is for sure.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but there are hundreds of religious doctrines in East TN. Snake handlers and speaking in tongues are a couple of the more bizarre ones I've witnessed.
Every group that calls itself a church isn’t necessarily a Church. In my opinion at least

A church can be 2 people meeting and praying. Centralized control over religion always leads to corruption, no different than a government. Best to keep churches independent and small. IMO of course.

Reactions: davethevol
My brother's church is splitting from the United Methodist because of their change of doctrine on various things.

A church can be 2 people meeting and praying. Centralized control over religion always leads to corruption, no different than a government. Best to keep churches independent and small. IMO of course.
As a lifelong Southern Baptist, That has been my opinion. But as I get older and see the absolute lunacy of some Congregations, I am second guessing that.
Obviously in the book of Acts, the Apostles and St Paul asserted their authority when needed. I think that is Still needed. The truth has to lie somewhere between anything goes one one extreme and a Pope on the other

Reactions: davethevol

VN Store

Back