The complain about “game threads” thread.

Because of my late night I was gonna get up early and start the game thread by 7. I was beat and didn't get up til almost 7.

Anyway,

The AP Poll should be interesting. I don't think we move up, but it's possible we could jump over Okie st and USC. Their wins wasn't as impressive and their overall schedules aren't either, although I don't think it matters, but who knows if it really doesn't.

Anyway, we probably stay at 8 and I'm fine with that because next week I believe it'll get straightened out either way.

The gumps could drop to #2 today as well.

All that said, I'm gonna wait until the AP Poll is released today to start the game thread. Sunday is slow around here anyway.

This is interesting info to look at. They are records against top 25 teams, total games played and obviously the percentage.

1 Bama 1-0 (played 6 games) 17% vs ranked
2 UGA 1-0 (played 6 games) 17%
3 OH ST 1-0 (played 6 games) 17%
4 Michigan 0-0 (played 6 games) 0%
5 Clemson 2-0 (played 6 games) 34%
6 USC 0-0 (played 6 games) 0%
7 OK ST 1-0 (played 5 games) 20%
8 Tennessee 3-0 (played 5 games) 60%
9 Ole Miss 1-0 (played 6 games) 17%
10 Penn St 0-0 (played 5 games) 0%
17 TCU 2-0 (played 5 games) 40%
18 UCLA 2-0 (played 6 games) 34%
19 Syracuse 0-0 (played 5 games) 0%

The Vols are 20% higher vs ranked than the next highest. To put this into perspective, The Vols gap over #2 is larger than or equal to the total percentage of 9 of the 13 teams on the list.

tl;dr
NGAF
Random: on the Josh Heupel show, the feature was on a drill run by the RBs. Sampson was out there, and the caption said #27 Dylan Sampson, but Sampson is #24.
Whitehead is #27, but he's injured.
Williams-Thomas is #26.
It got me thinking I wonder if both those guys redshirt. I don't think W-T has played in four games yet, and Whitehead is still here but injured, right?
Beckwith is the one who transferred to UK.
Just sort of thinking out loud here.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back