The Country of Sissies

Too lazy to shave their face but they do shave their nut sack.

ef00a9a17b369f660a8586007f20a5fedb2514c452105fad1181f337bf3ff3a7.jpg
I'm sure you'd know.

Reactions: lostsheep
That is a scary drive. I meet a friend of mine who lives in Atlanta in either Franklin or Highlands, because it is a halfway point for us. When we meet at Franklin, we usually eat at Cafe REL in the Hot Spot, and drive up to Highlands. He used to live in Highlands, but moved back to Atlanta. I quit Destin years ago, and bought a place on Cape San Blas. No high rises and very few people.

My wife loves huge crowds. The more crowded the better. Reminds her of home in the phillipines. I like the house you showed me a few months back. My wife would go nuts though. Just too peaceful.

Reactions: 1972 Grad
I've had 3 concussions, one with loss of consciousness... one with 2 week memory loss. It explains allot.

Cracked my head open when I was 17 going up to block a ball during a game. Wall was too close to sidelines and I got flipped head first.

Blood everywhere and was taken to ER.

Never lost consciousness but everything went black for a second.

Might explain alot about me lol.

I still remember the day they told us we couldn't play dodgeball in gym anymore and had to replace it with rollerball. One of those childhood traumas that stick with you.
I still remember the day they told us we couldn't play dodgeball in gym anymore and had to replace it with rollerball. One of those childhood traumas that stick with you.
1605235700230.png

Hell, we played tackle football with no pads or helmets up until we were teenagers, and even on 2 different occasions while at U.T. When we did it at U.T., it was in the mud and slop, so less chance of getting hurt too bad. When I played baseball, we would slide into a base with our cleats up. We threw at their foreheads when I played second, when they tried to break up a double play. The catcher would always block the plate, and you would try to run over them. Of course, the catcher was usually the stockiest guy on the team, and they weren't easy to run over. I have been hit in the arm, the legs, the head, the back, the elbow, and pretty much everywhere while batting. I have also hit batters about everywhere when I pitched.

The only time I was knocked out cold for longer than a minute was in a baseball game. I was braced. blocking the plate ready to be run over but the runner instead tried to jump over me an kicked me in the forehead. I woke up being loaded in the car going to the hospital.

But your own post has fallacy. If healthcare workers, grocery workers, truckers, etc. are still all working then not everyone is staying home. All you will do is drag it out even more because people will still go to the grocery store or the doctor or whatever.
So we just stock up with a month's supply of food. I guess we should just send emergency workers home as well as healthcare workers. Calculate how many people will die as a result, compare that to the projected number of deaths from covid and make a choice. We also would have to close the borders. Nobody in, nobody out.

Look, I don't have a foolproof solution other than just everyone staying away from everyone. Short of a 100% effective vaccine that EVERYONE in the world gets, covid is going to be around for a really long time.

The only time I was knocked out cold for longer than a minute was in a baseball game. I was braced. blocking the plate ready to be run over but the runner instead tried to jump over me an kicked me in the forehead. I woke up being loaded in the car going to the hospital.
That may have been me. Were you the stockiest guy on the team like most catchers that I remember? The ones that I played with and against were also nose guards or middle linebackers on the football team.

So we just stock up with a month's supply of food. I guess we should just send emergency workers home as well as healthcare workers. Calculate how many people will die as a result, compare that to the projected number of deaths from covid and make a choice. We also would have to close the borders. Nobody in, nobody out.

Look, I don't have a foolproof solution other than just everyone staying away from everyone. Short of a 100% effective vaccine that EVERYONE in the world gets, covid is going to be around for a really long time.
I agree with your last statement. It’s not going anywhere so we need to learn how to live with it not cower from it.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
That may have been me. Were you the stockiest guy on the team like most catchers that I remember? The ones that I played with and against were also nose guards or middle linebackers on the football team.

No, our catchers had to be athletic, quick and a strong arm. Generally we platooned between 3rd base and behind the plate.

Reactions: 1972 Grad
No, our catchers had to be athletic, quick and a strong arm. Generally we platooned between 3rd base and behind the plate.
I guess the game has changed. Back in my day, you had guys like Elston Howard, Roy Campanella, Johnny Bench, Earl Battey, Johnny Roseboro, Yogi Berra, Tim McCarver, Ed Bailey, etc. Obviously, they needed a great arm, but most of those guys were stockier than the average player back then. They weren't huge, but the average MLB player was probably 170-180 pounds then.

I see lots of crazy people that have totally given up freedoms like havi g to use car seats. Why can't kids sleep under the back glass like they used too. Sissies

Reactions: lostsheep

VN Store

Back