The Disease of Liberalism

They tend to not want an all powerful central government running their everyday lives?

That's not mutually exclusive to fascism. It doesn't have to be running their everyday lives.

Fascism is a far-right, authoritarian, ultranationalist political ideology and movement, characterized by a dictatorial leader, centralized autocracy, militarism, forcible suppression of opposition, belief in a natural social hierarchy, subordination of individual interests for the perceived good of the nation and race, and strong regimentation of society and the economy.

Now I understand these all entail subjective judgments, but...some people in Trump's constituency are ultranationalist. Some are authoritarian who push for the forcible suppression of the opposition. One of the most acceptable examples of this from Trump's constituency is the idea that we can force big tech to "be fair" to both sides, when they should be free to moderate their platform (property) however they want. Many were totally fine with centralized trade restrictions that hurt individual interests, for the supposed sake of the nation (it contributed to our economic woes today, so thanks Donald). Obviously, we have some white supremacists in the camp who believe in a natural social hierarchy (I don't want to debate about how big that constituency is, so please spare me...the point is that there are some).

Now I can't really say anybody really pushed for Trump to be a dictator, but when he did act like a dictator (threatening the press on Twitter, for example) and he lauded foreign autocratic leaders, few on the right seemed to have any problem with it.

Reactions: EasternVol
Why do liberals and their radical cousins feel the need to dictate their values or lack thereof and policies on the entire nation?
These narcissistic souls do not care for any one else. Full of anger and disgust at The Republic. They don't care that 100M disagree with them.
They hold local and state government powers in CA, NY and others and yet..feel they must be personally validated in their ideological beliefs.

One can look for any grievance of a few and take it nationwide and the liberal torch is carried..100M and crickets.
See you didn't react well to the black mermaid or black elves.

That's not mutually exclusive to fascism. It doesn't have to be running their everyday lives.

Fascism is a far-right, authoritarian, ultranationalist political ideology and movement, characterized by a dictatorial leader, centralized autocracy, militarism, forcible suppression of opposition, belief in a natural social hierarchy, subordination of individual interests for the perceived good of the nation and race, and strong regimentation of society and the economy.

Now I understand these all entail subjective judgments, but...some people in Trump's constituency are ultranationalist. Some are authoritarian who push for the forcible suppression of the opposition. One of the most acceptable examples of this from Trump's constituency is the idea that we can force big tech to "be fair" to both sides, when they should be free to moderate their platform (property) however they want. Many were totally fine with centralized trade restrictions that hurt individual interests, for the supposed sake of the nation (it contributed to our economic woes today, so thanks Donald). Obviously, we have some white supremacists in the camp who believe in a natural social hierarchy (I don't want to debate about how big that constituency is, so please spare me...the point is that there are some).

Now I can't really say anybody really pushed for Trump to be a dictator, but when he did act like a dictator (threatening the press on Twitter, for example) and he lauded foreign autocratic leaders, few on the right seemed to have any problem with it.

So Trumpers are generally fascist according to your listed definition? Explain how..
Now do the liberalism disease.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Where do Trumpers present these fascist tendencies? Where?
And good deflection....the liberals meet this definition much greater.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

Yes, not wanting the government fully involved in one’s everyday life is very much mutually exclusive to fascism.

Not even going to start debating the rest of your post point by point. I will say this: take the crowd at Neyland Stadium on any given Saturday and there will be some people (as each of your examples pointed out) who fit one of the examples you chose. I disagree with your conclusion that would make Neyland Stadium full of facists.

That's not true either since you could also consider a state govt
Geez. I was afraid because I forgot to list all the possible forms of government someone would pop up with this.
Yes, they really don’t care too much for a lot of government intrusion into their lives, but tend to be more tolerant as it gets more local. They really hate stupid bureaucrats. DISCLAIMER: this is a generalization I believe to be true based on my experiences and studies of political philosophies, etc.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Geez. I was afraid because I forgot to list all the possible forms of government someone would pop up with this.
Yes, they really don’t care too much for a lot of government intrusion into their lives, but tend to be more tolerant as it gets more local. They really hate stupid bureaucrats. DISCLAIMER: this is a generalization I believe to be true based on my experiences and studies of political philosophies, etc.
So that's why they're calling on state govt to ban so much stuff? To keep govt from intruding in their lives? Bold strategy

So Trumpers are generally fascist according to your listed definition? Explain how..
Now do the liberalism disease.

Didn't say that

Nobody is denying that liberals try to control people too much. There is nobody to argue with about that. You guys are in denial about big government on Trump's side of things, hence my opposing arguments

Didn't say that

Nobody is denying that liberals try to control people too much. There is nobody to argue with about that. You guys are in denial about big government on Trump's side of things, hence my opposing arguments

OK...that is a fair argument. That is a big switch from being considered fascist, which is the general characterization

Reactions: GroverCleveland

VN Store

Back