The disney insanity continues

Calling someone mentally ill usually results in compassion and pity, at least in my world. Do YOU hate mentally ill people. And please do not deny that some homosexuals do prey on children (as do some heterosexuals, both SHOULD elicit aversion IMO)
So we can now label all heterosexual as pedos? Man, racistjoe won't like that

We live in a broken world that is full of all kinds of sin. I think the issue is many don't have hope in anything that is greater than themselves and their relatively brief time on earth. So they see no reason to deprive themselves of any earthly pleasure. As a sinner and a Christian, I believe in a better life after this one.

Ah yes, the out of context Biblical QUOTE to try to prove a point.
You made a colossal mistake by repeating something you've heard without knowing your Bible. You can use this as an opportunity to learn and grow, or you can double down on ignorance. The path ahead is yours alone to choose.

Reactions: Septic and hog88
I would like some clarification I guess. I believe in God, and His words in the Bible. In which it clearly states homosexuality is a sin. Thus, I do not believe it is right for me nor anyone else. However, I am also aware that Jesus taught us to love the person and not their sin(s), so I might not agree with their lifestyle but I still love the person. Ultimately, according my interpretation, they will have to answer for their sins as will I, unless I/we/they repent for them. So I live my life in that manner. Does that make me homophobic because I do not agree with their lifestyle and choices even though I still love them as a person?

Sin is sin. Murder is no worse than gluttony from my understanding. They are both equally sins in the eyes of God. That is the beauty of Jesus Christ. He came into the world, died for our sins, as humans as a whole are not worthy (or to say would surely sin) to God's standards. We are all guilty of sin, which ones we see as important are our own interpretations.

Now, if we remove religion from the equation, how would a society benefit from homosexuality? It does take a male and female to procreate. Yes, the science exists now to procreate without intercourse, but many couples would not be able to afford that. And let's face it, intercourse is cheap. Biologically, it does not make sense to me either. Once again, that is my view, and I revert to my beliefs on how to treat people that choose to live their lives in that manner.

We are all free to choose how we want to live. I can't tell you not to kill someone, I can't tell you not to go into the Golden Corral and eat seven plates of food, and I can't tell you not to not be homosexual. I can tell you why I believe those things are not good ideas based on my beliefs, but ultimately it is that person's choice.

You made a colossal mistake by repeating something you've heard without knowing your Bible. You can use this as an opportunity to learn and grow, or you can double down on ignorance. The path ahead is yours alone to choose.
How dare you use the Bible to refute the word of God

I can make arguments that it is an irrational fear. Go back and read the comments in the desantis thread. Talked of grooming and recruiting, as if being gay is some choice that one makes. I knew from a very young age I liked girls. Nobody was going to talk me into liking boys the same way.

But the fear of grooming and recruiting is rational if those activities occur - and we know with certainty that they do. How often is what is up for debate.

My uncle married a woman who had two young children. One, my cousin Becky, is now married to a woman in her second marriage. When we were teens, there was never any hint of this predilection as she dated a number of boys. Since she was a bit chubby, this put a damper on things at times. Around the time she turned 20, after a bad breakup with a boy, she was befriended by an older (early 30s) lesbian. In some time, they became a couple and then Becky moved in with her. That relationship went on for several years and then Becky had an affair with a man. Soon after though, she went back to the woman. A few years later, she broke up for good. Then Becky ended up marrying a guy for a couple of years. This too, ended and a couple of years ago she married a fellow nurse, whom she is with now. While we have lost touch over the years due to distance, we have had a few talks long before any of this was political. She said the sex with the guy was much better but the understanding with the girls was much better. I have long suspected, tho never proven, that Becky was molested by her biological father (whom all agree was a prime A jackass).

A friend of mine from back when I lived in Cali who is now a very senior executive in Fox Television. His first experience was with his baby sitter (girl) in his early teens. He then fooled around with girls until a particularly charming guy came along who was a bit older and who after a bit, he started sleeping with and kind of introduced him into gay Hollywood. At the time we were friends (a couple of years), my buddy considered himself gay but admitted he had had a few flings with girls too and wasnt sure who his next relationship was going to be with (its a bit confusing, he said). P was a good guy with a kind heart. I hope the intervening years have been kind to him.

So, those are just some stories out of many. Do some people feel a stronger attraction to one gender over another and can that attraction be amplified by hormones? absolutely. But again, attraction is not sex, especially in a young mind. It can get framed that way. Many women have "daddy issues" and go looking to marry someone because they did not get the love they should have had from their father. Unfortunately, they sexualize an unmet need for love that was perfectly legitimate for them to expect to be met but wasn't.

The problem is sexualizing attraction. I think Idris Elba is a strong, attractive man with a lordly bearing whom I would love to be around. Because I find him attractive in that sense, does that mean I want to have sex with him? Not in any way. Do I find a smoking hot late twenties brunette dripping from her workout at the gym sexually attractive? yes, very much. Moreso than my Irish wife at her current age? quite possibly. Do I want to have sex with the more attractive brunette? not at all. I want to have sex with my wife because that is the place for that desire. Fortunately, she also has her sexual desires focused on me (though I am told if the opportunity to go on a date with Lenny Kravitz ever comes up, she might consider a mulligan).

The point is that attraction and sex are different things. Emotions are complex experiences and it is easy to confuse and conflate admiration, attraction, longing, unmet needs and sexual desire, especially as a hormone-addled teen.

I think people who believe a magic guy in the sky is controlling the world need help as well. For example, believing he'll save one sweet American child from cancer because of T&P while allowing tens of thousands to be slaughtered on the other side of the globe is a mental issue imo

One day we’ll all know for sure….or won’t. I guess it’s simpler to believe we just randomly and spontaneously came from nothing.

Reactions: 2EastTnVols
To be fair, Jesus defined marriage as being between 1 man and 1 woman.

But you're definitely correct that there was rampant polygamy in the Old Testament.

That was after he married May M and decided nobody deserves the punishment of more than 1.

VN Store

Back