The disney insanity continues

The discussion with Weezer was about companies taking a stance in general.
But either way, it was a great example.
Take a stance on an issue that directly impacts your business and shareholders. Taking a stand on a controversial subject that is guaranteed to cost you customers when there is no benefit to the bottom line is ignoring fiduciary responsibility.

Speaking out against legislation is not the same as dictating legislation.

Disney was not on an island, as other corporations voiced similar opinions about the bill.
Speaking of Disney and islands, did you know that Disney will take you to several of them where homosexuality is flat out illegal. Not a peep from Disney about efforts to change THOSE laws however. Disney even OWNs islands in the Bahamas which has its own slew of anti gay laws. Again, not a PEEP of protest
Disney bashes Florida's parental rights bill but offers cruise to countries where homosexuality is illegal

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Speaking of Disney and islands, did you know that Disney will take you to several of them where homosexuality is flat out illegal. Not a peep from Disney about efforts to change THOSE laws however. Disney even OWNs islands in the Bahamas which has its own slew of anti gay laws. Again, not a PEEP of protest
Disney bashes Florida's parental rights bill but offers cruise to countries where homosexuality is illegal

Maybe the Governor of California will punish them with a tax break.

Not to mention their ability to eat **** to keep China happy. Think they are rearranging pronouns over there?

Absolutely the #1 issue our country is facing right now. Josh definitely has his finger on the pulse.
I have actually been concerned about „never ending“ copyright for a long time now. The original intent was that works would at some point move into the public domain. Eternal copyright destroys creativity

I have actually been concerned about „never ending“ copyright for a long time now. The original intent was that works would at some point move into the public domain. Eternal copyright destroys creativity
It's definitely tearing the country apart. Gotta focus on stuff like this rather than inflation, new cold war, failing schools etc.

Anyway it won't pass but it helps him say "look Ron I'm anti woke too!"

Speaking out against legislation is not the same as dictating legislation.

Disney was not on an island, as other corporations voiced similar opinions about the bill.

150 of them signed a petition before Disney was forced to reluctantly make a comment. None of them were within punching distance of Desantis though.

150 of them signed a petition before Disney was forced to reluctantly make a comment. None of them were within punching distance of Desantis though.

And to be fair, I think Chapek is a weak CEO that panicked when he had a walkout. He should have kept quiet.

All that said, this is a total anit-capitalism move by DaSantis that is moving the party more and more away from what it's supposed to be.

Reactions: Septic
It's definitely tearing the country apart. Gotta focus on stuff like this rather than inflation, new cold war, failing schools etc.

Anyway it won't pass but it helps him say "look Ron I'm anti woke too!"
Gee, why didn’t I think of that? I was apparently under the assumption that people could actually think about more than one thing at a time 😂

Gee, why didn’t I think of that? I was apparently under the assumption that people could actually think about more than one thing at a time 😂

He knows Dems have majority and it won't pass, so it was a waste of time and resources. So, business as usual in DC. He actually doesn't care if it passes, he's just happy to pop up at the top of Google news for a couple days.. A bit of Ron envy.

Disney adds 7.9M streaming subscribers and Doubles Theme Park Revenue despite messy battle with Governor Ron DeSantis over Florida's so-called 'Don't Say Gay' law

The Walt Disney Company has reported strong growth for its streaming service Disney+ in a blow against archrival Netflix, which reported a drop in paying customers last month.

Disney stock jumped extended trading on Wednesday before erasing earlier gains, as the company said that it added 7.9 million new Disney+ subscribers, bringing the total to 137.7 million and beating Wall Street estimates.

Disney stock jumps as company reports strong streaming growth | Daily Mail Online

Lol. “Anything I don’t like is grooming” what an illiterate joke. Go fornicate with the family donkey again, Qanon.

If you’re such a ****ing moron that you keep your guns in a place that your kids might shoot themselves, no, it is not the government’s place to say nobody can have kids or guns. Gtfoh what better example could you possibly give for me?
Qanon fella..........

Disney adds 7.9M streaming subscribers and Doubles Theme Park Revenue despite messy battle with Governor Ron DeSantis over Florida's so-called 'Don't Say Gay' law

The Walt Disney Company has reported strong growth for its streaming service Disney+ in a blow against archrival Netflix, which reported a drop in paying customers last month.

Disney stock jumped extended trading on Wednesday before erasing earlier gains, as the company said that it added 7.9 million new Disney+ subscribers, bringing the total to 137.7 million and beating Wall Street estimates.

Disney stock jumps as company reports strong streaming growth | Daily Mail Online

Their insanity continues though. 😜🤪

The priciest place on earth: Family of four hit with $8,480 tab for five-day Disney vacation as skyrocketing ticket prices and lack of cheaper options put this great American getaway out of reach for middle class folks

• In February, the entertainment conglomerate raised ticket prices with a four-day standard ticket now costing a minimum of $447.70
  • The four-day Park Hopper Ticket now costs a minimum of $540.89, and a four-day Park Hopper Plus ticket is now $559.53
A Disney World vacation was once seen as the tradition getaway for the American middle class family, but it is increasingly slipping out of reach.

Over the past few years, the prices of tickets for the amusement park have skyrocketed as executives continue to raise the price of food and begin catering to higher-paying clientele.

To make matters worse, Disney executives are eliminate cost-saving features at the theme parks, like a free shuttle from the airport and free parking for those staying on the premises.

It has also done away with a free option to help people skip the ever-growing lines at certain rides - replacing it instead with a pay service.

The priciest place on earth: Family of four hit with $8,480 tab for five-day Disney vacation | Daily Mail Online

disney-pride.jpg

Disney celebrates equality. ((Photo by Alexander Pohl/NurPhoto via Getty Images) / Getty Images)

Screen-Shot-2022-05-18-at-4.50.20-AM.png

Disney's Pride clothing line was renamed the "Disney Pride Collection" from the "Rainbow Disney Collection." (Disney)

Disney announces new 2022 LGBTQ+ clothing collection for kids

Reactions: Orangeburst
The priciest place on earth: Family of four hit with $8,480 tab for five-day Disney vacation as skyrocketing ticket prices and lack of cheaper options put this great American getaway out of reach for middle class folks

• In February, the entertainment conglomerate raised ticket prices with a four-day standard ticket now costing a minimum of $447.70
  • The four-day Park Hopper Ticket now costs a minimum of $540.89, and a four-day Park Hopper Plus ticket is now $559.53
A Disney World vacation was once seen as the tradition getaway for the American middle class family, but it is increasingly slipping out of reach.

Over the past few years, the prices of tickets for the amusement park have skyrocketed as executives continue to raise the price of food and begin catering to higher-paying clientele.

To make matters worse, Disney executives are eliminate cost-saving features at the theme parks, like a free shuttle from the airport and free parking for those staying on the premises.

It has also done away with a free option to help people skip the ever-growing lines at certain rides - replacing it instead with a pay service.

The priciest place on earth: Family of four hit with $8,480 tab for five-day Disney vacation | Daily Mail Online
I can’t believe people spend that kind of money for an amusement park.

Lol. This type of reporting is stupid. Side note I spent way more then that 5 years ago for three people .

Reactions: Lawrence Wright

I question the 7.9M new subscribers. Must have done a free sign up.

VN Store

Back