The disney insanity continues

Prob only a small percentage of adults in the park today actually want to be there haha
What’s funny….. my wife kept on saying that the kids want/need to go to Disney… I ,finally, agreed and we made it a combo trip…. We stayed at the beach and went to Disney 3 days…. After 4-5 hours…. My kids were begging to leave and go back to the beach.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I’ve probably taken vacations there’s 20 times in my life, as a kid and an adult. We would always stay at the park hotels. I recently priced a trip for me and my wife, and decided not to, as there are many other things I can do for much less money. It’s been about 10 years since I’ve been and I’m not certain I’ll ever go back.

I’ve probably taken vacations there’s 20 times in my life, as a kid and an adult. We would always stay at the park hotels. I recently priced a trip for me and my wife, and decided not to, as there are many other things I can do for much less money. It’s been about 10 years since I’ve been and I’m not certain I’ll ever go back.
My family went recently, and we had more fun at the hotel than the parks for the most part. It really is way too much money for what you get out of it now. Most of the rides are nostalgic and are pretty boring for kids that have been on roller coasters.

Reactions: BreatheUT
My family went recently, and we had more fun at the hotel than the parks for the most part. It really is way too much money for what you get out of it now. Most of the rides are nostalgic and are pretty boring for kids that have been on roller coasters.
I feel the same way. I was feeling nostalgia but much of what I was nostalgic for has changed... Splash Mountain is one example. Feeling like you’re getting fleeced at every turn takes away some nostalgia too. There are certainly more thrilling theme parks.

For the $6k it was pricing me at, we could have a kickass vacation somewhere else. It costs more to stay at one of their budget hotels than it does for me to rent a 4 BR house in Saint Augustine.

I feel the same way. I was feeling nostalgia but much of what I was nostalgic for has changed... Splash Mountain is one example. Feeling like you’re getting fleeced at every turn takes away some nostalgia too. There are certainly more thrilling theme parks.

For the $6k it was pricing me at, we could have a kickass vacation somewhere else. It costs more to stay at one of their budget hotels than it does for me to rent a 4 BR house in Saint Augustine.
The line aspect is horrible too. Standing in line for 45 minutes to 90 minutes means you only get to do about 6 or 7 rides, at which point kids are exhausted and ready to go back to the hotel to swim at the pool.

Reactions: BreatheUT
LGBTQ+ Groups Benefiting from Disney ‘Pride Collection’ Sales Silent After Clothing Revealed to Be Made in Anti-LGBTQ China

disneypridegroup1-1-640x480.jpg

LGBTQ+ organizations have been silent after the revelation that Disney’s “Pride Collection” fashion line was manufactured in China, a country whose government regards homosexuality as a mental disorder and harvests much of its cotton supply using slave labor.

Not one of the 17 LGBTQ+ organizations receiving donations from the proceeds Disney’s “Pride Collection” fashion line returned a request for comment, even after Breitbart News provided links to several news stories showing China’s anti-LGBTQ+ agenda and reports of Uyghur Muslim slave labor. Breitbart News asked each organization if they still support Disney’s fashion line, are accepting donations from the line, and whether they can still support the LGBTQ+ community while also collaborating with a company that manufactured clothing in a country actively working against LGBTQ+ people.

LGBTQ+ Groups Benefiting from Disney ‘Pride Collection’ Sales Silent After Clothing Revealed to Be Made in Anti-LGBTQ China

Star Wars is called out for 'don't be racist' tweet after unveiling black star Moses Ingram despite film franchise SHRINKING John Boyega on poster in China to please local audiences

Star Wars was slammed over a woke tweet telling critics of its newest show 'don't be racist,' even though the Disney-owned franchise previously shrunk black star John Boyega's photo on a movie poster to appease Chinese audiences.

The tweet came in response to a slew of Instagram stories Moses Ingram - who plays Reva Sevander, aka the Third Sister, in the franchise's new miniseries Obi-Wan Kenobi - posted revealing seemingly racist remarks sent to her by Star Wars fans.

Star Wars is called out for 'don't be racist' tweet after unveiling black star Moses Ingram | Daily Mail Online

Part of the fun and part of what made it a decent value in the past was finding All of the discounts or ways to save money. The main examples of these were meal plans, free fast passes, and magic hours. Every one of these has been either severely curtailed or eliminated all together. Disney’s greed has slowly squeezed the life out of the people who could plan and save. We were very good at picking the right time of year to book a trip and take advantage of the current offers. Now we really can’t afford it

Reactions: Godfatha

disneypridegroup1-1-640x480.jpg

LGBTQ+ organizations have been silent after the revelation that Disney’s “Pride Collection” fashion line was manufactured in China, a country whose government regards homosexuality as a mental disorder and harvests much of its cotton supply using slave labor.

Not one of the 17 LGBTQ+ organizations receiving donations from the proceeds Disney’s “Pride Collection” fashion line returned a request for comment, even after Breitbart News provided links to several news stories showing China’s anti-LGBTQ+ agenda and reports of Uyghur Muslim slave labor. Breitbart News asked each organization if they still support Disney’s fashion line, are accepting donations from the line, and whether they can still support the LGBTQ+ community while also collaborating with a company that manufactured clothing in a country actively working against LGBTQ+ people.

Nobody cared when Trump products were made in china

People cared...however it wasn’t the same people who care about Disney’s involvement in China.

I mean, you could attempt to politicize our economic dependency on China, but you’d indict both parties for pretty much doing the same thing.
Right. We got in this mess during Clinton and no one stopped it from getting worse. Trump has been the harshest critic of China, put economic pressure on them and then covid happened. Was he going to do enough to reverse it? Idk. Both sides have sucked in that realm though.

Covid was convenient for china though, wasn't it?

Reactions: -GiveHim6-
Right. We got in this mess during Clinton and no one stopped it from getting worse. Trump has been the harshest critic of China, put economic pressure on them and then covid happened. Was he going to do enough to reverse it? Idk. Both sides have sucked in that realm though.

Covid was convenient for china though, wasn't it?

If was originally Nixon and Kissinger dumb idea. The Clinton administration just moved it to warp speed.

Nobody cared when Trump products were made in china

Link to Trump endlessly pandering to LGBTQIA+? I think the point is more like "Hey we're Disney! Trans women ARE women! Also, we're reaping huge profit margins by outsourcing our production of this LGBT brand to a place who imprisons homosexuals".

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Link to Trump endlessly pandering to LGBTQIA+? I think the point is more like "Hey we're Disney! Trans women ARE women! Also, we're reaping huge profit margins by outsourcing our production of this LGBT brand to a place who imprisons homosexuals".

So different than the guy that said we should make everything in the US and then outsourced to China for profits? Amazing you think so.

First 'Gay Days' Event since pandemic takes place at Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld

An LGBT travel agency has designated Thursday as the first "Gay Days" event since 2019 in Walt Disney World and other theme parks across Orlando, Florida.

"Gay Days" is an event sponsored by a travel agency in Florida of the same name. It's a gathering of LGBT patrons that's meant to start Pride Month in June. Attendees gathered in Disney's Animal Kingdom, with similar events taking place in Orlando's SeaWorld and Universal Studios.

This latest celebration comes after Disney made headlines for its opposition to a state law banning gender and sexual education in classrooms of children under third grade.

First 'Gay Days' event since pandemic takes place at Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld

You aren't following our conversation. He literally mentioned four year olds being taught sex at a preschool as an example of "who cares what a private company does with four year olds". I'm specifically attacking that particularly idiotic line of reasoning.
I can’t believe there are posters here that cannot see the forest for the trees. They must not have kids

VN Store

Back