The disney insanity continues

Disney To Hike Price Of ESPN’s Streaming Service By 43%
disney-espn-price-hike-feat-image.jpg

Disney plans to pole-vault the price of leading sports cable channel ESPN’s streaming service, according to a new report.

Beginning Aug. 23, ESPN+ will cost $9.99 a month or $99.99 per year — a 43% hike from its current price tag of $6.99 a month or $69.99 a year, Sports Business Journal reported.

Disney to hike price of ESPN+ by 43%

Right before college football season, go figure. If my cable goes up one more dollar, I'm dropping the entire package and I'll just wait for Freak to post the game on YouTube and watch it when I know who wins. There is nothing and I repeat nothing on ESPN worth watching other than UT football.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I’m 53 and had to google “song of the south” to get the story. I really don’t remember much about it. It has been past time for Disney to update a lot of their rides.
I don't remember it either. But when all this hubub started I got a copy of it. Haven't watched it yet. But I can if I want to and nobody can say a damned thing about it.

Nolte: Disney’s Big, Gay ‘Lightyear’ Is the Latest Woke Box Office Flop

Lightyear, the latest piece of child grooming media from the predators at the Walt Disney Co., is looking like a box office catastrophe, which is only a surprise to those who don’t live in the real world.

Gee, what do you think will happen when you add some high-profile homosexuality to a kiddie movie?

Nolte: Disney's Big, Gay ‘Lightyear’ Is the Latest Woke Box Office Flop
From the article:

"No one cares if movies are made for homosexuals. Movies should be made for everyone. But you are never going to mainstream this stuff because — even though most people are afraid to say so — watching it makes 90 percent of us uncomfortable. Unless you are gay, same-sex sex, even a kiss, is unnatural and we don’t go to the movies to be made uncomfortable. And we sure as hell don’t go to the movies to have to explain human sexuality to our children before they’re ready for it."

Hear here!

From the article:

"No one cares if movies are made for homosexuals. Movies should be made for everyone. But you are never going to mainstream this stuff because — even though most people are afraid to say so — watching it makes 90 percent of us uncomfortable. Unless you are gay, same-sex sex, even a kiss, is unnatural and we don’t go to the movies to be made uncomfortable. And we sure as hell don’t go to the movies to have to explain human sexuality to our children before they’re ready for it."

Hear here!

Yeah, and black guys kissing white women in movies should go away too.

Nobody wants to see that.

Right before college football season, go figure. If my cable goes up one more dollar, I'm dropping the entire package and I'll just wait for Freak to post the game on YouTube and watch it when I know who wins. There is nothing and I repeat nothing on ESPN worth watching other than UT football.
WNML and iHeart radio. Radio is how I experienced the majority of my fandom, especially in the old days. For the big games, great time to go to Sports Bar for some beer, wings, and big screens

Yeah, and black guys kissing white women in movies should go away too.

Nobody wants to see that.

It's not the same thing. Progressivism has a problem, it never knew when to end.

We got to a good point in time even if it was gradual. Now it doesn't know how to stop, and the slippery slope will continue on.

I don't remember it either. But when all this hubub started I got a copy of it. Haven't watched it yet. But I can if I want to and nobody can say a damned thing about it.
I'm surprised you were even able to find a copy. Your copy has probably been edited to remove any offensive material. You'll see only the opening and closing credits, and then a corporate statement from Disney labeling everyone connected with it as racist.

Last edited:
How so? (Honest question)

For actors and actresses of color who have historically have had limited opportunities in Hollywood relative to, um…others…that video clip was interesting to say the least.

It’s like a billionaire complaining about someone winning $500K in the lottery.

Gaetz hammers former GOP colleague-turned-Disney lobbyist in tense exchange

Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., asked his former GOP colleague whether he was concerned about Disney 'selling the information of children'

Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., hammered his former Republican colleague-turned-Disney lobbyist in a tense exchange on Tuesday.

Gaetz turned the heat up on former House Judiciary Committee chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., during the committee’s Tuesday hearing on government access to Americans’ personal data.

Goodlatte, who retired in 2018, was asked by Gaetz about his work with Disney and what the Mouse House is doing to prevent children’s data from being sold.

"Like particularly with the Walt Disney corporation that it is in business with the Chinese Communist Party," Gaetz said, pointing to Disney thanking the Chinese government for allowing them to film on location where a literal genocide is taking place.

"Does it concern you that the Walt Disney corporation is selling the information of children?" Gaetz asked.

"I don’t know if that’s the fact," Goodlatte responded, with Gaetz asking if he was being "purposefully ignorant" while testifying against the practices Gaetz accused the Mouse House of using.

Gaetz went on to bring up a conversation the pair had as members in the Capitol Hill Club — DC’s prime, private hang-out spot for Republican lawmakers.

"Chairman Goodlatte, do you remember a conversation you and I had when you lead this committee at the Capitol Hill Club where you said, ‘The best way to be successful in the Judiciary Committee is to find interest groups that are opposed to one another and to tell both of them that you'll support their positions so they'll both make donations?’" Gaetz asked.

Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., asked his former GOP colleague whether he was concerned about Disney 'selling the information of children'

Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., hammered his former Republican colleague-turned-Disney lobbyist in a tense exchange on Tuesday.

Gaetz turned the heat up on former House Judiciary Committee chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., during the committee’s Tuesday hearing on government access to Americans’ personal data.

Goodlatte, who retired in 2018, was asked by Gaetz about his work with Disney and what the Mouse House is doing to prevent children’s data from being sold.

"Like particularly with the Walt Disney corporation that it is in business with the Chinese Communist Party," Gaetz said, pointing to Disney thanking the Chinese government for allowing them to film on location where a literal genocide is taking place.

"Does it concern you that the Walt Disney corporation is selling the information of children?" Gaetz asked.

"I don’t know if that’s the fact," Goodlatte responded, with Gaetz asking if he was being "purposefully ignorant" while testifying against the practices Gaetz accused the Mouse House of using.

Gaetz went on to bring up a conversation the pair had as members in the Capitol Hill Club — DC’s prime, private hang-out spot for Republican lawmakers.

"Chairman Goodlatte, do you remember a conversation you and I had when you lead this committee at the Capitol Hill Club where you said, ‘The best way to be successful in the Judiciary Committee is to find interest groups that are opposed to one another and to tell both of them that you'll support their positions so they'll both make donations?’" Gaetz asked.

How is Disney going to protect minors from people like me? - Gaetz

Reactions: Lawrence Wright

VN Store

Back