The disney insanity continues

In the 80s all actors were white and the only black people you saw were getting arrested in Hill St Blues.

Fast forward to today and the office setting has 2 black people, 1 Latino, 1 dumb white guy and a sassy gay Asian.

Hollywood never really represents the real world.

In the 80s all actors were white and the only black people you saw were getting arrested in Hill St Blues.

Fast forward to today and the office setting has 2 black people, 1 Latino, 1 dumb white guy and a sassy gay Asian.

There were a ton of really good black sit coms during the 80’s but you are right about them lacking in dramas….. I don’t really care what race is in movies/tv shows…. I just wish Hollywood would get back to making them entertaining.

Reactions: Wireless1

I wonder what the percentage of men in commercials are portrayed as the family dumbass?

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I’m sure you said as much back in the day when Elizabeth Taylor was cast as Cleopatra, or Natalie Wood portrayed Maria in West Side Story.

Man I can’t wait until Idris Elba gets that James Bond gig. Your head might explode. 😂
Might if I still watched or cared about James Bond movies 😉
BTW…Cleopatra was a Ptolemy which meant she was mostly Greek, so why not have her played by Liz Taylor? History is unfortunately a lost art nowadays
Thje one I DO think was silly was casting David Carafine in the TV series Kung Fu. I loved the show but really the role should have went to Bruce Lee.
The single most offensive casting though had to be Mickey Roomey as Yuniosho in Breakfast at Tiffany‘s 😳 Ouch

Benson, What’s Happening, Different Strokes, the Jeffersons….none of the main actors were ever incarcerated as far as I can recall

Benson, What’s Happening, Different Strokes, the Jeffersons….none of the main actors were ever incarcerated as far as I can recall

Way to take a statement literally. Yes every black person on TV was a successful business owner like George Jefferson.

Sanford lived in a junkyard, Good Times was in the projects. Benson...I think he was a cardiologist? Oh that's right, he was a butler for a white dude.

All I'm saying is Hollywood was out of whack then and it's out of whack now.

Reactions: BenGrimm
Not a very Magic Kingdom! Two families scrap in Massive Brawl after one of the guests left the line to get her phone and was accused of pushing in when she returned at Florida's Disney World Resort

A huge brawl broke out at Florida's Disney World resort yesterday evening after two families disagreed on queue etiquette, shocking new footage has revealed.

Clips from the scene showed the scale of the chaos as up to 10 people engaged in the fistfight, screaming a torrent of profanities while other families desperately tried to shield their children from the violence.

VIDEO AND PHOTOS:
Not a very Magic Kingdom! Two families scrap in massive brawl at Florida's Disney World resort | Daily Mail Online

Not a very Magic Kingdom! Two families scrap in Massive Brawl after one of the guests left the line to get her phone and was accused of pushing in when she returned at Florida's Disney World Resort

A huge brawl broke out at Florida's Disney World resort yesterday evening after two families disagreed on queue etiquette, shocking new footage has revealed.

Clips from the scene showed the scale of the chaos as up to 10 people engaged in the fistfight, screaming a torrent of profanities while other families desperately tried to shield their children from the violence.

VIDEO AND PHOTOS:
Not a very Magic Kingdom! Two families scrap in massive brawl at Florida's Disney World resort | Daily Mail Online
Went to Disney 2 weeks ago. Won't go back. Kids had just as much fun at Cocoa Beach when we were there. Ain't no place for a southern man that's for sure.

Disney Gives Gender-Neutral Title To Employees At Makeover Boutique

Disney is renaming the makeover artists in two of its theme parks to a more gender-neutral title.

Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom in Florida and Disneyland in California will refer to its employees in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique as "Fairy Godmother's Apprentices" starting this year forward. Previously, they were referred to as "Fairy Godmothers In-Training."

The boutique is meant for children between the ages of 3 and 12 to visit to get made over into Disney characters. This makeover could include make-up, hair styling, manicuring, and costuming.

Disney gives gender-neutral title to employees at makeover boutique

I’m sure you said as much back in the day when Elizabeth Taylor was cast as Cleopatra, or Natalie Wood portrayed Maria in West Side Story.

Man I can’t wait until Idris Elba gets that James Bond gig. Your head might explode. 😂

You are dissing on a young Elizabeth Taylor? Wow.

Reactions: Wireless1
Everyone of the different strokes actors had major run ins with the laws except the old white dude:

Armed robbery
Attempted murder
Assault
Drugs..etc

Tragic Details About The Cast Of Diff'rent Strokes
I'm pretty sure he was talking about the characters portrayed in the shows, not the actors in their real lives. I understand that he used the term "main actors'. I don't think that was his intent. I think he meant "main characters". Obviously, Bill Cosby (mentioned by someone else later) has had more than a casual run-in with the law as well. The original discussion, raised by Murphy Vol, surrounded how black people were portrayed in TV.

Last edited:
Reactions: volfanhill
Disney World Brawl reportedly spurs 2 arrests, bans at Magic Kingdom

A massive brawl that erupted at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom this week has resulted in two arrests as well as bans from the theme park for several alleged participants, according to a report.

The wild fracas among at least 10 people erupted outside Mickey’s PhilharMagic theater at the Orlando, Fla., theme park on Thursday after two families got into an argument while waiting in line, sparking a tangle of fisticuffs that landed at least one man in the hospital.

disney-world-brawl-01-1.jpg

Disney World brawl spurs arrests, bans at Magic Kingdom: report

There were a ton of really good black sit coms during the 80’s but you are right about them lacking in dramas….. I don’t really care what race is in movies/tv shows…. I just wish Hollywood would get back to making them entertaining.

TV series are 100x better than they've ever been. It's inevitable by sheer volume, but also the economics of it allow for more premium quality shows.

Disney World Brawl reportedly spurs 2 arrests, bans at Magic Kingdom

A massive brawl that erupted at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom this week has resulted in two arrests as well as bans from the theme park for several alleged participants, according to a report.

The wild fracas among at least 10 people erupted outside Mickey’s PhilharMagic theater at the Orlando, Fla., theme park on Thursday after two families got into an argument while waiting in line, sparking a tangle of fisticuffs that landed at least one man in the hospital.

disney-world-brawl-01-1.jpg

Disney World brawl spurs arrests, bans at Magic Kingdom: report
Of course it was a matching t shirt family

VN Store

Back