The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

People all worried that C-Mo got chippy with a pitcher that threw a heater at his head. I would be worried about a player that didn't have a reaction to that. And before anyone says it, that pitch location was intentional.
Don't believe he threw at his head but I do believe he was pitching up and in. If the pitch had hit Christian in the ribs then yes intentional most definitely. I just can't see a player throwing at a batters head on purpose.

Don't believe he threw at his head but I do believe he was pitching up and in. If the pitch had hit Christian in the ribs then yes intentional most definitely. I just can't see a player throwing at a batters head on purpose.
The intent of that pitch was to send a message to C-Mo...

People all worried that C-Mo got chippy with a pitcher that threw a heater at his head. I would be worried about a player that didn't have a reaction to that. And before anyone says it, that pitch location was intentional.
Is this really a thing?
C-Mo is seeing his last action in a Tennessee uniform and has worked his @$$ off to become the player he has AND to get this team to this point of the season.
No way I fault any of these guys for playing with or showing emotion in these situations.

Is this really a thing?
C-Mo is seeing his last action in a Tennessee uniform and has worked his @$$ off to become the player he has AND to get this team to this point of the season.
No way I fault any of these guys for playing with or showing emotion in these situations.
Yep. As long as it doesn't get 'em tossed, I'm fine with it. Having said that I'd be careful around blue in this game.

Morning Vols Baseball fans.

It’s lawn mowing day before working at Texas Roadhouse late afternoon.

It was a big surprise that the Braves won 2 of 3 games in New York City vs a great Yankees team.

Guardians and the Mariners are sailing smooth in first place.
Also, an impressive turnaround by the Astros that are now just 2 games under 500 so realistically in late June they have an opportunity this week to get above 500.

Yep. As long as it doesn't get 'em tossed, I'm fine with it. Having said that I'd be careful around blue in this game.
I’d be highly disappointed in the umpire crew, if anyone were to get tossed tonight.
Outside of someone dog cussing you to your face, throwing a punch or intentionally throwing at someone’s head, it’s a title game between 2 teams that have survived the toughest conference in college athletics and have an opportunity to win their schools first CWS, which is one of the toughest championships to win, in all of sports. And if I were on the field, I’m letting these boys play and I’m going to let them settle it between themselves while making myself as small of a piece of the game as possible.

Not worried that he got mad. Agree that I want our players to play with fire and intensity.

But I don't want another Drew Gilbert / 2022 Super Regional fiasco. Even though this is a different team, there are still people in positions of power in college baseball who want any excuse to try and tamp down UT and Coach V.

All I was saying was that CMo giving one of those biased, incompetent, inbred umpires an excuse to toss him would be catastrophic.

Reactions: VolPack22
I’d be highly disappointed in the umpire crew, if anyone were to get tossed tonight.
Outside of someone dog cussing you to your face, throwing a punch or intentionally throwing at someone’s head, it’s a title game between 2 teams that have survived the toughest conference in college athletics and have an opportunity to win their schools first CWS, which is one of the toughest championships to win, in all of sports. And if I were on the field, I’m letting these boys play and I’m going to let them settle it between themselves while making myself as small of a piece of the game as possible.
Nobody's getting tossed tonight, good grief.

The umps will take more lip tonight than any game played this season.

VN Store

Back