The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Interesting post on the Vandy board from someone who doesn't appear to be much of a fan of TV, haha...

"I've met TV on 5 occasions...all while he was recruiting. He's an absolute POS. There's a reason many high schools and travel organizations won't let him near their players anymore. UT will be built through the portal from this point forward...which will probably still win them many games.

Make no mistake: Vitello ONLY cares about Vitello. He wants to be the story, and he wants it to ALL be about him. He does not care about his players in the slightest. They are nothing more than assets to help him win...and then he'll take all the credit.

TV was offering 8th graders, so I'm sure they have a few classes built up. It doesn't matter to them. TV is going to continue to work the portal and cast aside any HS recruits. Most will be cut in the fall before they ever see the field. That is the TV way.

Unless, of course, you're a solid prep pitching prospect. And after not getting many innings early in the year, TV finds out you're probably transferring. Then he gives you just enough garbage innings to burn your redshirt before you leave. This has happened multiple times over the past 4 years...and prep coaches are not happy about it. Happening to Matthew Dallas right now. Happened to a local private school kid two years ago. His high school coach is one of the biggest UT fans I've ever met. Burned the kid's shirt, and then the kid lost a year of eligibility. That coach won't let TV in the school, and did not even attempt to celebrate the title this year. And that particular school produces SEC talent every year, including some that have gone on to Vandy.

He's burning bridges all over the place, but he doesn't care as long as he wins now."
Hilarious considering he goes well out of his way during every interview to say that the players and other coaches on his staff are the reason this program is where it is at. If Vanderbilt fans are that miserable then maybe they should start being a contributing member of society and drive their car off a bridge.

Interesting post on the Vandy board from someone who doesn't appear to be much of a fan of TV, haha...

"I've met TV on 5 occasions...all while he was recruiting. He's an absolute POS. There's a reason many high schools and travel organizations won't let him near their players anymore. UT will be built through the portal from this point forward...which will probably still win them many games.

Make no mistake: Vitello ONLY cares about Vitello. He wants to be the story, and he wants it to ALL be about him. He does not care about his players in the slightest. They are nothing more than assets to help him win...and then he'll take all the credit.

TV was offering 8th graders, so I'm sure they have a few classes built up. It doesn't matter to them. TV is going to continue to work the portal and cast aside any HS recruits. Most will be cut in the fall before they ever see the field. That is the TV way.

Unless, of course, you're a solid prep pitching prospect. And after not getting many innings early in the year, TV finds out you're probably transferring. Then he gives you just enough garbage innings to burn your redshirt before you leave. This has happened multiple times over the past 4 years...and prep coaches are not happy about it. Happening to Matthew Dallas right now. Happened to a local private school kid two years ago. His high school coach is one of the biggest UT fans I've ever met. Burned the kid's shirt, and then the kid lost a year of eligibility. That coach won't let TV in the school, and did not even attempt to celebrate the title this year. And that particular school produces SEC talent every year, including some that have gone on to Vandy.

He's burning bridges all over the place, but he doesn't care as long as he wins now."
This guy has much different oppinion.

Hilarious considering he goes well out of his way during every interview to say that the players and other coaches on his staff are the reason this program is where it is at. If Vanderbilt fans are that miserable then maybe they should start being a contributing member of society and drive their car off a bridge.

The pain is real and it's just beginning.

Been painful for me last 3 days 🤬
Well the Phillies are the best team in the league. All it took was for the top two contenders to be ravaged by high impact injuries all season long. Braves lost the reigning MVP and preseason favorite for Cy Young. Dodgers have practically the entire rotation on IL and lost Mookie to a fractured wrist. It’s amazing how great of a season you can have whenever your pitching staff stays healthy…

Reactions: knoxvol52

Another opinion from someone much closer to Tony V.

There seams to be a much different opinion from these guys.

A players coach.

VN Store

Back