The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Jagger had a beer at the Thirsty Beaver Saloon in Charlotte not so long ago during a concert tour. Hilarious that no one recognized him.

Thirsty Beaver, by the way, is the ultimate middle finger to developers in CLT. Worth looking up if you want a laugh.

Random thought. Canada is being punished at the Olympics for drone-spying on a soccer practice. This makes me think Heup & Co. might want to assign some TA or someone to watch the skies during Vols practices for the entire season. Drones are infiltrating everything and everywhere. Think Michigan sign stealing. Seriously, if I were Heup, I wouldn't brush aside this threat.

I appreciate that no one mentioned it but after pulling Bloss due to the Kikuchi trade, the Astros opening with first year reliever Tayler Scott who threw three hitless innings followed by rookie Ort (don’t even know his first name) for 2.2.

Only to have our seasoned veteran relievers choke up the lead, then our $95 Million closer choke up his sixth hairball of the season.

Any room on that MLB bench, 52? 🤣

As of now myself and @VolPack22 are only individuals on bench, we could slide over for company.😎

VP is pretty disgusted right now too.
Oh well, we can’t all be Phillies fans, such as myself.
🤷‍♂️

I’m only coming off the bench if the Braves land Crochet and Skubal. I plan to have several splinters on my rear by season’s end…

Here you go AA going down memory lane.

Atlanta Braves acquire Jorge Soler and Luke Jackson from San Francisco Giants, a stellar acquisition for the Braves.😏
Soler is hitting better than the majority of the lineup this season so it’s not a bad trade on that front.

Jackie Robinson?

IMG_9637.png

Jackie Robinson Ballpark (Daytona Beach, Fla.)
Opened: 1914 as City Island Ballpark
First Minor League tenant: Daytona Islanders (Florida State League, 1920)
Current Minor League tenant: Daytona Tortugas (Single-A Cincinnati affiliate in the Florida State League; established as the Daytona Cubs in 1993)
In 1989, 75 years after it opened, Daytona Beach's City Island Ballpark was named after Jackie Robinson. This rechristening was in honor of the events of 1946, when Robinson played at City Island Ballpark during Spring Training. This marked his first appearance as an active player in the Brooklyn Dodgers organization, more than one year before his epochal Major League debut. When City Island Ballpark opened during the Woodrow Wilson administration, it was little more than a playing field and wooden bleachers. Of course, many improvements have occurred since, with one of the most recent being an HD videoboard to complement the vintage hand-operated scoreboard in left field.

Correct, good job

IMG_9636.jpeg

View attachment 663081

Current Minor League tenant: Daytona Tortugas (Single-A Cincinnati affiliate in the Florida State League; established as the Daytona Cubs in 1993)
In 1989, 75 years after it opened, Daytona Beach's City Island Ballpark was named after Jackie Robinson. This rechristening was in honor of the events of 1946, when Robinson played at City Island Ballpark during Spring Training. This marked his first appearance as an active player in the Brooklyn Dodgers organization, more than one year before his epochal Major League debut. When City Island Ballpark opened during the Woodrow Wilson administration, it was little more than a playing field and wooden bleachers. Of course, many improvements have occurred since, with one of the most recent being an HD videoboard to complement the vintage hand-operated scoreboard in left field.

Correct, good job

View attachment 663080
Yee Haw! 🤠

View attachment 663081

Correct, good job

View attachment 663080
5 out of 6 …. It’s getting a lot better now MAD.

View attachment 662992
Orange and 52 👆
Who is “Dragon” and who is “NightHawk?”
😂
I have no idea. I have been a fan for less than 24 hours. 😂

Just to be contrarian, I'm going to say that NighthawkVol is the artist formerly know as GregAmsler. And I don't know any dragons.

Tama Bay Rays and Milwaukee Brewers are small Market teams are usually competitive ever year. The White Sox are just a poorly run Organization that needs to be sold or moved to Nashville.

Cubs run that city anyways.
If the White Sox are poorly run, Nashville doesn't need more of that! 😂 So buying would be the way to go.

VN Store

Back