The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

😂 Keep in mind that this is all made up in someone's mind thinking crazy stuff.

So stupid that the top 4 conference champions automatically get the top 4 seeds. The SEC and Ohio State can realistically have the top 6 or 7 teams in the country. 2 teams are going to get screwed out of a bye week. I’m sure they will change the format whenever they re-up the contract and the SEC threatens to do their own playoff.

So stupid that the top 4 conference champions automatically get the top 4 seeds. The SEC and Ohio State can realistically have the top 6 or 7 teams in the country. 2 teams are going to get screwed out of a bye week. I’m sure they will change the format whenever they re-up the contract and the SEC threatens to do their own playoff.
1708481789636.gif

Now who would want to watch a SEC only playoff after watching a 8 or 9 game regular season?

This is the only format that all the other conferences would probably agree to, nothing wrong with this format. I know you wave the SEC flag but 4 or 5 teams from SEC is plenty.

Also when they move to the 14 team playoff in 2026, there probably will be only 2 byes.

Last edited:
LMAO, you can tell this guy hasn’t covered the SEC before.
What a dumb take! You root for nobody but your team in this league pal!
You guys can bury me if you want but there is no way I’d root for another SEC program, just because Tee Martin was the head coach.
This guy is delusional and needs to start covering the MAC if he wants to have that mindset.

Now who would want to watch a SEC only playoff after watching a 8 or 9 game regular season?

This is the only format that all the other conferences would probably agree to, nothing wrong with this format. I know you wave the SEC flag but 4 or 5 teams from SEC is plenty.

Also when they move to the 14 team playoff in 2026, there probably will be only 2 byes.
Does anyone really think Utah is going to be one of the best 4 teams whenever they go and win a weak Big 12? You shouldn’t automatically get a bye for winning your conference championship, the SEC included. I’m cool with the conference champions getting an automatic bid into the playoff but they shouldn’t get the benefit of a first round bye, unless their entire résumé is good enough.

Does anyone really think Utah is going to be one of the best 4 teams whenever they go and win a weak Big 12? You shouldn’t automatically get a bye for winning your conference championship, the SEC included. I’m cool with the conference champions getting an automatic bid into the playoff but they shouldn’t get the benefit of a first round bye, unless their entire résumé is good enough.
I hope you’re not asking me this question, because I am extremely biased and look at everything through Pantone 151 colored glasses.
I’m just going to go ahead and say it, you guys don’t know the cobbwebb of the great Tennessee football years. I can be kinda not so humble...

Doesnt matter if they're one of the best four teams, winning the conference Championship is the criteria. Plus a lot of so called deserving teams better button up that OOC schedule also. OOC should be deciding factor when deciding between 2 teams that are biding for a spot. Cupcake city out of conference will not be tolerated eventually, no matter what conference you play in.

I hope you’re not asking me this question, because I am extremely biased and look at everything through Pantone 151 colored glasses.
I’m just going to go ahead and say it, you guys don’t know the cobbwebb of the great Tennessee football years. I can be kinda not so humble...
Your humble now? 😂😂😂

Honestly the only team Vols fans should worry about getting in CFP is THE VOLS. This best teams BS is silly. I don't care if 11 Group of 5 teams make the playoffs as long as Tennessee does.

Last edited:
Ground rule double, 5-1. T9. Doesn’t look like it’s happening for the Astros tonight.

And another GRD. 6-1. Boo birds announce themselves at MMP.

Yordan had MRI on a repaired knee today. Apparently he slid into a base on it didn’t go well. Hopefully just discomfort and caution. 🤞

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back